Magic Mushroom

MotaMan420

Okay gurus one and all,

I just found this in growing in the soil of one of my young ladies -- I'm using Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil and have been for last 6 years. This is the first time that I've seen this..

Smells and looks like a mushroom.. But I just want to know mainly is it harmful to the plants.. I'm starting my outdoor grow soon and they will be transplanted outside.. Should there be need to worry if this occurs when I plant indoor in the Fall?

Thanking you all in advance

MotaMan

IMG_0702.JPEG

Itsa mushroom and they are flowers from mycelium which is a good sign your soil is alive.

As far as "magic" in concerned.... yeah be careful what you wish for. Could be the last trip you ever had right before kidney/liver failure and death. Unless positive ID - consider them poisonous.

Google says : The small, yellow mushroom is probably Leucocoprinus birnbaumii. The fungus is sometimes referred to as yellow houseplant mushroom, yellow parasol, or flower pot parasol. ... The Leucocoprinus birnbaumii fungus breaks down dead organic matter in the potting soil. It does not harm living plants.

I can attest that it does not harm plants, I have a great many (Probably 100ish) houseplants and I see them pop up here and there in quite a few of my plants. Some just popped today in fact, so I'm guessing spring is a good time for them.

Yep, we get a lot of death caps all over town during the wet season, so we've learned not to consider them food unless you're 110% sure you know what it is!

But as for your plants, I think usually if the fruiting/flowering body (mushroom) is erupting from your soil, and not making little colony spots on the leaves to burst from, then it IS the kind of fungus you want, and it's right where you want it!

Thank you one and all -- wasn't even considering eatin them -- just concerned about the health of the ladies...

Gotta get the girls in the ground soon -

Happy Grow - MotaMan

Back
Top Bottom