Hi there, existing member question: Nitrogen toxicity in LOS - Flush

Hi. This morning (my morning) one of my mentors gave me advice on how to flush the nitrogen toxicity out of my los. He said between 2 - 3 times the volume of the pot. If the pot is 20 L must I put 40 L through? I didn't get to ask him in time because we are in different time zones... nod to @InTheShed sorry for not asking earlier. The difficulty is getting hold of 40 L of dechlorinated water. So far I have poured through 7.5 L.... @Roy Growin , are you around atm... I'm pretty certain you know the answer to this?

Problem solved thank goodness. I had some quicker feedback in my grow journal than I expected. More mentors to the rescue. I'd like to close this thread now. Thank you for looking in and have a great weekend.

You really don't need to use dechlor water in a flush. Certainly won't hurt anything, but not really necessary.
Great thank you. That's confirmation. A mate told me that, thank goodness because I was just starting to boil water hoping that would get rid of the nasties. It would have taken all day lol.

Hi Carmen - Sorry, My Father's funeral on Weds and I'm behind with everything, and a bit foggy-headed
I use plain water pH 6.0-6.5 and add some H2O2 so the plants have plenty of access to Oxygen as they dry
You saw what a bit of H2O2 did to perk up my current less-than-ideal run ;)

Hi Carmen - Sorry, My Father's funeral on Weds and I'm behind with everything, and a bit foggy-headed
I use plain water pH 6.0-6.5 and add some H2O2 so the plants have plenty of access to Oxygen as they dry
Sorry for your loss Roy. CL🍀

Oh Roy, what a thing. I am so sorry you lost your dad. My turn is coming soon and the thought just messes me up. I can't imagine your sense of loss. Be kind to yourselves :hug:

I think our potable water is at that level of ph. How much H202 and which concentration should I keep in stock. They won't get another flush now, but maybe in next grow..... or..... does the H202 convert to something else / get evaporated / anything like that? I am wondering if I could put a dose in the Swick res. What do you think?

Oh Roy, what a thing. I am so sorry you lost your dad. My turn is coming soon and the thought just messes me up. I can't imagine your sense of loss. Be kind to yourselves :hug:

I think our potable water is at that level of ph. How much H202 and which concentration should I keep in stock. They won't get another flush now, but maybe in next grow..... or..... does the H202 convert to something else / get evaporated / anything like that? I am wondering if I could put a dose in the Swick res. What do you think?
It breaks down to water and pure Oxygen, just a few ml/L is enough [mine is 12%]
No reason it wouldn't work in a res

Back
Top Bottom