Nitrogen Toxicity?

Bigreen907

Greetings fellow pot heads,

I am pretty new to growing. But, I have done my fair share of research. I am starting to think I may be feeding too much nitrogen into my plants. My leaves are DARK green, lower leaves are not flaring up accordingly.

I am growing a White Widow in coco+perlite (70/30) and straight distilled water.

I am following the chart down below, plus adding cal/mag. Would you remove the cal/mag too? My cal/mag I am using has another 2% Nirotgen in it which would bring my total overall nitrogen to 7% (per gallon)

I have also posted a pics of all my nutes. I add about 3ML (per gallon) to my feed. What do y’all think?

I thank y’all ahead of time!
F8B257E5-C8C8-4AE1-9CCA-27A9154D1405.jpeg
03EC3162-6E6A-4300-8B15-07F84B100531.jpeg

I'm using GH's Flora Trio at 1/3 label strength for coco/perlite without a problem:

full

My flush sequence is 4 days at 100%, 4 days at 50%, followed by 4 days of plain water.

Can you please explain your chart. I looked at it for a bit, but still not getting it.

For the 3 (basic nutes) from GH, should I, or should I not run cal/mag due to the additional Nitrogen in the Cal/Mag

This is a screenshot of Excel, with my Nutrient Mix Calculator.

The label instructions come from General Hydroponics...

I set the quantity of water, and the strength of nutrients. The calculator computes the amount of nutrients I need to add to the water. I use oral syringes to measure out the nutrients. They are free for the asking at most pharmacies in Canada.

Early in the growth cycle I mix 1 liter batches, at the end 18l in a 5 US gal pail. The pail lasts 4.5 days as I grow four plants and they take about a liter each per day.

I work in liters as in Canada we are on the metric system. It also make measuring the volume of water easy as I just weigh it. One liter weighs one Kilogram.

Coco/perlite is basically inert, there are no nutrients for your plants. You need to add everything your plants need so yes, you need to add cal/mag as these are essential nutrients. Cut back on Flora Grow if you want to back off on the nitrogen.

I started with all General Hydroponics products as they have a long history with cannabis. I used only their products as they are designed to work together. I'm staying with them as I've had success in all my grows. Before my first grow I did a fair amount of research. I learned that at label strength GH nutrients were too strong. Most sources recommended 50% or less. I started at 25% for my first grow, and have been slowly increasing the strength. The chart I provided is from my last successful grow. I'm up to 40% in my current grow.

I strongly suggest staying with all General Hydroponics products for your first few grows. That way you can go directly to one manufacturer for help. They can't weasel out of it by blaming a product from another manufacturer for your problems.

I use RO water for my plants. Until the transition to bloom, I set the pH to 5.8. Transition to bloom is four days at a pH of 6.0. Bloom and ripen, as well as final ripening are at a pH of 6.2. Start with the final ripening formulation when the trichomes start getting cloudy. I don't measure TDS/EC for drain to waste systems. I use my TDS/EC meter to check my RO monthly.

I can convert the calculator to HTML/javascript if 420 Magazine is willing to host it.

This is a screenshot of Excel, with my Nutrient Mix Calculator.

The label instructions come from General Hydroponics...

I set the quantity of water, and the strength of nutrients. The calculator computes the amount of nutrients I need to add to the water. I use oral syringes to measure out the nutrients. They are free for the asking at most pharmacies in Canada.

Early in the growth cycle I mix 1 liter batches, at the end 18l in a 5 US gal pail. The pail lasts 4.5 days as I grow four plants and they take about a liter each per day.

I work in liters as in Canada we are on the metric system. It also make measuring the volume of water easy as I just weigh it. One liter weighs one Kilogram.

Coco/perlite is basically inert, there are no nutrients for your plants. You need to add everything your plants need so yes, you need to add cal/mag as these are essential nutrients. Cut back on Flora Grow if you want to back off on the nitrogen.

I started with all General Hydroponics products as they have a long history with cannabis. I used only their products as they are designed to work together. I'm staying with them as I've had success in all my grows. Before my first grow I did a fair amount of research. I learned that at label strength GH nutrients were too strong. Most sources recommended 50% or less. I started at 25% for my first grow, and have been slowly increasing the strength. The chart I provided is from my last successful grow. I'm up to 40% in my current grow.

I strongly suggest staying with all General Hydroponics products for your first few grows. That way you can go directly to one manufacturer for help. They can't weasel out of it by blaming a product from another manufacturer for your problems.

I use RO water for my plants. Until the transition to bloom, I set the pH to 5.8. Transition to bloom is four days at a pH of 6.0. Bloom and ripen, as well as final ripening are at a pH of 6.2. Start with the final ripening formulation when the trichomes start getting cloudy. I don't measure TDS/EC for drain to waste systems. I use my TDS/EC meter to check my RO monthly.

I can convert the calculator to HTML/javascript if 420 Magazine is willing to host it.
Thanks for the information! I would love to run an RO system, but at $300 for a basic system..... Ima have to wait.

Thanks again Old Salt!

Thanks for the information! I would love to run an RO system, but at $300 for a basic system..... Ima have to wait.

Thanks again Old Salt!

Check out Aquasafe Canada. They have the basics for $104.09 CAD. Add a float valve available on Amazon and you can have one that connects to your kitchen faucet for $120 CAD + taxes. I'd put the bucket with the float valve in the sink in case of overflow. Your 19l bucket should fill in a little over an hour.

Back
Top Bottom