Help! What is wrong with this autoflower?

Dunnysparks

53 days in and this autoflower has dead, crumbly, yellowish spotted leaves. I thought it was a cal mag def. So I added cal-mag to feeding with no results. I flushed prior to adding cal-mag. I started thinking maybe its lacking in nitrogen, so I added fox farm big grow to feedings with a ppm of 800. No luck with it. Buds are still growing and starting to get sticky with sweet fragrance coming from them.

20210923_214752.jpg

Resized_20210918_182750.jpeg

20210918_182750.jpg

53 days in and this autoflower has dead, crumbly, yellowish spotted leaves.
Could be several things but it would be best to take some more photos in sunlight or a white light. There is a definite yellow coloring to the important photos that is caused by the grow lights. If the plants cannot go outside in the sunlight maybe put the plant on a table with the ceiling or normal room lights turned on. Set the camera to auto flash and take the photos. The areas of the leaves that are green show up better. Any and all the other areas will show up looking more like their actual colors.

I started thinking maybe its lacking in nitrogen, so I added fox farm big grow to feedings ...
It can take 2 days and as long as two weeks for some of the changes to start showing up.

Buds are still growing and starting to get sticky with sweet fragrance coming from them.
So far so good as the saying goes.

Something is telling me that is a K def
Try a shot of PK with CaMg - won't repair damaged leaves but will show better new growth
Thts the only thing I havent tried yet, I'll give it a shot. Do u think GH florabloom will work? Thts all I have laying around or foxfarms beastiebloom.

Zoom in and look at the late stage calcium deficiency picture, kinda looks like that.

KRuFnY4-1022x1024.jpg
Thts wht I thought.
Could be several things but it would be best to take some more photos in sunlight or a white light. There is a definite yellow coloring to the important photos that is caused by the grow lights. If the plants cannot go outside in the sunlight maybe put the plant on a table with the ceiling or normal room lights turned on. Set the camera to auto flash and take the photos. The areas of the leaves that are green show up better. Any and all the other areas will show up looking more like their actual colors.

It can take 2 days and as long as two weeks for some of the changes to start showing up.

So far so good as the saying goes.
Buds are coming together nice but can I keep her alive for atleast another 30 days is the question.

Notice that the effected leaves are coming from the bottom through the middle which indicates a problem with mobile nutrients. In this case I'd say CalMag deficiency.

Are you using fox farms "Bush Doctor"
No I'm using gh cal-mag right now and a all in one called skunkwerks. I'm going to give her a nice dose of pk next feeding. I'm thinking gh florabloom with some foxfarms beastiebloomz. Boosting the pk is the only thing I havent tried. I'm praying she dont herm and pollinate the other plants.

Notice that the effected leaves are coming from the bottom through the middle which indicates a problem with mobile nutrients. In this case I'd say CalMag deficiency.
Thts wht I was thinking to but now I'm starting to think it's with the genetics. My other delicious candy girl is showing early signs but spots are starting on the top leaves. She is 3x the size of the sick one. Seeds were popped on the same day but she's grown in a autopot. None of these pics show the deficiency, its only on a couple of leaves.

20210923_214902.jpg

Resized_20210920_203153(1).jpeg

I have experienced this issue with toxicity using fox farm stuff till I dialed in for individual plant needs. Big npk numbers are mighty impressive but they also require impressive amounts of flush to get the most out of them numbers. I seen a lot of people recycling soil without flushing get these issues on a regular basis too. In my situation, I don't use co2 or do hydro and as soon as I got into the booster stage and introduced a small amount of manganese (bush doctor) it triggered fast burn spots like in your pictures and I had to flush several times between feeds till I was getting new healthy growth. Without the co2 they couldn't uptake it without toxicity so I started diluting the feeds and tapering in the recommended dose and monitoring the results along the way. I got the hang of it but the patient/apprentice decided to go back to the more user-friendly products. I personally look forward to stocking up on a full line of Fox Farm nutrients and ammendments and getting more adept using it for future patients that get tempted by the big npk numbers and awesome videos and resources online showing how great their products are. Good luck with your endeavor, I'm subbed to see what you make of it.

I've spent hundreds on this nute and tht nute. I'm trying to switch my entire grow up. I planned on going with this all in one nute called skunkwerks. I've seen excellent results from the most inexperienced grower I know using this product. It's a head ache trying to figure out whts wrong with a plant. Especially, being a autoflower I only have so much time. I'm just trying to keep her alive for atleast 30-40 more days or cloudy tricomes with a hint of amber lol. At the end of the day I'm looking for great genetics with a growing experience thts simplified. Fill my reservoir, ph'd with all in one nute tht I know for certain the strain loves.

I don't use any super bud gunk and my plants are falling over themselves
Just a balance of NPK & Micros - that's it
The minute you start with voodoo goo, you're asking for trouble in my book
If you want an easy grow, stick with WW, NL, AK or similar
I've been looking into white widow and northern lights. Do you recommend a breeder in specific for these strains.

I've been looking into white widow and northern lights. Do you recommend a breeder in specific for these strains.
No, they are reliable wherever they come from
I buy direct from Amsterdam (TH, Dutch Passion etc) and never had a duffer
You may not be able to do that in The States/Canada so maybe ask one of our sponsors?
I can't believe there is a seed merchant anywhere that doesn't carry WW/NL

Hi Dunny and happy Thursday! How are your ladies doing today? Be well my friend ✌
All are doing great except for the sick one. She never came out of it and stop producing. It's almost seems like she just rushed through flower. I'm not to experienced especially with Autos. I can say her sister is the biggest auto I have ever grown. Atleast 6-8oz she is starting to show that same deficiency in her leaves as the sick one. Here is a close up of the sick one and a pic of the healthy sister.
20211003_212649.jpg
The healthy sister on bottom right taking up most of the 5×5 tent.
20211003_212935.jpg
This is the sick sister tht looks like it rushed through flower.
20211003_213727.jpg
Close up of healthy girl.

Back
Top Bottom