Leaves curling down and folding

Fan blowing on them or touch too much heat.. I wouldn't worry dude - do they look bad to you?

Hey sorry been couple days, works been kicking my ass...anyways I don't have any recent pics but they are still looking good. I was gonna swit h them to flowering but didn't have time over weekend but will be doing it in next day or so. Try to get some pics posted in day or 2:tokin: now time to relax

sounds like your heading in the right direction, just make sure when you do flip to flower that you are using flowering nutes and also make sure the 12 hour dark period is dark, any light getting in will make them go hermie,

id stick with the veg feed nutrients for the 1st week then feed a transition feed if you get that with your nutrients, if not use the veg for the 1st week to 10 days of flower then change to the flowering nutes

DonPaul is right dude when the edges of the leafs start to look wilted, curling up, and the leaves look kinda wrinklely it is WITHOUT A DOUBT cause by too high temp. The leaves are perspiring. If it is not remedied then the leaves will die starting from the edges. It's often confused with mute burn but it is actually heat burn. Try a fan on it. It's easy to fix but can destroy your canopy in no time.

Oh shit didn't read the second page. I see u got it all figured out man. They do look really nice good job bro! Two thumbs up

Ahh another afternoon of studying and Ive gotten nowhere. Well not true just info overload. 1st off my girls are still happy and look even better. Im not quit sure if the folding/tacoing was cal/mag deficiency or light being to intense. The problem is gone which is great but it continued up til I switched to flowering. I also changed my hoods from blockbuster to raptor when i switched to flowering which made me wonder if the light was too intense. When I was using the blockbusters I kept roughly 12" higher so I didn't think it was to close.

Ok on to my question. So I know everyone does it different and cause 1 thing may work great for someone doesn't mean it will for others. So this is directed at coco growers. I've been reading mixed thoughts on using cal/mag through flowering. Im using blue planet and was looking through ingredients which it contained both but Im not sure whether it's enough or not. I've origanlly read that you should stop cal/mag at beginning of flowering cause cal can cause nute lock out. Then I also read where its important during flower stage. My question is does any coco growers use cal/mag or epsom salt or nothing during flowering. I know I have to watch them closely and give them what they need but I don't wanna give them too much and have it be irreversible.

Plants are looking awesome dude I dont use cal mag I use plant magic magna cal which is made to be used alongside pk boosters I think an do a separate one for the flowering stage .in my experience if your ph has been above 6 during veg there is a good chance you will start to see calcium def but if your ph has had a nice swing between 5.5 and 6 they will be ok .I am a great believer in not giving stuff they don't need .my advice is have some ready for if it's needed

i dont grow in coco but have used blue planted for a couple of years now, ive used it in both soil and dwc with no problems or def issues, the --- schedule is designed for these plants, its suppose to be fed every time you water but using soil i can go every other feed, so i feed then plain water, i keep repeating that unless the plants look like they need more then i up the dose to give --- everytime i water,

so cant help with the coco question but going off my experience with --- it should containt everything the plant needs, but i use the 3 part plus bloom booster but the 2 part is also a good option and will see you through from seed to harvest,

hopefully someone who uses coco can offer some more advice,

20130828_002338.jpg
20130828_001819.jpg
20130828_001449.jpg

Here are pics from tonight. Decided I'm wean them off cal/mag and keep close eye on them. Overall they seem happy...happy girls makes happy me

I think you might have the fan or fans to strong of wind or to close, It's not over watering or nute's, they look to good and healthy. The edges are curling up into a v shape which causes the leaf to become ridgid thus preventing leaves from impacting each and preventing damage. All you need is a lite breeze.What is your fan situation like. I wouldn't worry they look great.

it also looks like you have some temp issues as well, you see how the edges of the leaves are cupping up, this is telling us the plant is trying to lose moisture quicker to cool down, this could be due to how packed in the plants are so is along the lines of what bud freely said

also im not sure on the age of your plants but you have branches lower down the plants that are not getting any light, these wont produce anything so if it was me id remove all these lower inner branches and this would then focus the plant on the big buds at the top,

lets see what king says about that, to me the plants look packed in so light penetration is not going to be good further down the plants.

it might also be an option to remove some fan leaves to let light in but see what others say before doing this as some growers remove leaves at certain days and others dont,

but from the pics id say you have some temp issues, any leaves that are cupped up tell us the temps are a bit on the high side, also with the plants that close you need to be careful of powdery mildew, the further you get into flower the more humid its going to get in the middle of the plants, so you will need to get air moving around and have some fans lower down the plants so you have got a good circulation of air at all levels

Sorry its been while, between work and taking care of my girls theres not much me time. So donpaul I don't like you...ok not true but u were spot on with everything you said and thats what I've been dealing with. Trimmed up bottom, took out some fan leaves to get more light in and better air flow and even had deal with dreaded powdery mildew. Luckily I caught it early and it wasn't bad and hopefully it stays that way. Temps in room has been lower 70's but directly under light has been 80ish. I didn't plan on getting them nearly as big as they did and didnt realize how much they'd grow in 1st couple weeks of flower. All in all its been a hell of learning experience and can make next run that much better. Just hope they hold on for another few weeks

the upward curl in your leaves indicated a magnesium deficiency. either increase the micro nutrients you are feeding or treat with one teaspoon per gallon of Epsom salts.

Hey maybe u can help me out aswell
My leaves are curling diwn a bit on the new growth i dont know what it could be
i havent given her any nutes yet shes 5weeks in
0104141946a.jpg

What are you using for a light source and how far away from the top of your plant is it? What are your temperature and humidity levels in your grow area? What are you using for your soil mixture? I do see some nutrient burn on the tips of the new growth in your photograph. How frequently are you watering your plant and do you let the pot dry out before you water again?

What are you using for a light source and how far away from the top of your plant is it? What are your temperature and humidity levels in your grow area? What are you using for your soil mixture? I do see some nutrient burn on the tips of the new growth in your photograph. How frequently are you watering your plant and do you let the pot dry out before you water again?

Im using 5cfl and a t5 aver 130w about 3inches awau all around
foxfarms ocean forest.

I water her about once every other day but just water
maybe ive been under watering i posted a pic in other thread
asking u same question
usually wen i water her its only about a half cup
and inever put enough for ther to be any run off
MAYBE that could be the problem
the top of soil is dry and yes i chk soil every day wen ita dry i watter

0104141946a.jpg

Altho this is 9 months later, I can tell-ya...you had either spider or russett mites.
You can tell by silvering, and the tiny speckles on every leaf.
Condolences bro.

Back
Top Bottom