Highest Legal Limit City/County

msgrappling

What city or county allows medical marijuana patients the highest legal possession and grow limits. Humboldt County seems highest with 3 lbs and a 100 sq ft canopy but the canopy can hold about 30 mature plants. What city or county allows you or dispensaries to grow and possess more than that? Can Medical Marijuana dispensaries grow hundreds of plants if they have hundreds of patients? :thanks:

From my understanding, in CA, the limit has been removed, but you need to stay below 99 (although I have no factual reference on this - it's just what I've been told & it's based on something to do with federal law).

Here are some links that reference abolishing limiting the # of plants, etc:

Court: No Limits To Medical Marijuana Amounts - cbs13.com

State court ruling shoots down medical marijuana restrictions - Times-Standard Online

High Court's medical marijuana ruling carries host of implications - Times-Standard Online

HTH

In Cali any amount is legal now if you can prove a medical neccesity for it. Anything over 100 plants and the feds will become involved and you automatically lose.

In Cali any amount is legal now if you can prove a medical neccesity for it. Anything over 100 plants and the feds will become involved and you automatically lose.

= = = => I read somehere, that SONOMA (city or county?) has a MMJ Patient's grow limit at 99 (female) plants . . . not sure how much in weight though! Must have a Dr.'s rec., too! =Judy=

in santa cruz county there is no lamp wattage restrictions and you can have as many plants as you want within 10x10 feet and 3 lbs of dried bud

only other place u can have more dried bud on you in in sebastapol but sonoma still has that wattage cap.

too bad sc rent is insanity

its true about what the court says about no real restrictions, its only guidelines. if your not trying to get raided and have all ur shit ripped out then you better stay within lol. all cops know about all grows they just dont care at all because its not worth spending the money to bust them. even back east. the government is crazy. im not trying to sound like some crazy old bat but they feds will always be two steps ahead of you. no doubt.

Wow.

DISCLAIMER:

NOTHING THAT FOLLOWS IS TO BE CONSTRUED IN ANY WAY TO BE LEGAL ADVICE. I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY AND ANYTHING I HAVE TO SAY IS PERSONAL OPINION ONLY.

I would be careful to say there is no limit. No one needs a pound a week. Well, perhaps some people do, but that is an enormous amount and you'd probably be eating it if you really needed that much cannabis. I can't imagine smoking that much.

An ounce a week?? Absolutely. A pound? Good luck in court.

Look at the provisions of the CUA, AKA SB420 first.

The Kelly decision is not the end of the road, nor is it the first case to look at SB 420 and its changes of what Prop 215 added to the H&S code.

Kelly is not the first case to speak to these issues, and while it's important, case law does not hamstring judges into following it like mice behind the Piper.

Do the research -- read Prop 215. The California Health and Safety (H&S) codes are available online. Read SB 415. Read the text of the Kelly decision -- it's available online too.

Never ever ever ever assume anything -- if you are charged, your case will proceed on its own merits, regardless of what's happened in other cases!

Case law helps to set precedents -- it does not mandate anything at all.

While I personally feel that it is imperative that we fight to prevent the legislature from restricting a voter-approved proposition, that does not mean that every member of the judiciary feels the same way.

Be careful!

I agree with be careful, take precautions, etc.

I don't agree with limits having been set w/o a vote. I'm glad that the limits were removed.

I also believe that each and every patient is different, along with each and every illness... AND as time goes on, dosage will increase, etc. Does that mean a person would ever need a pound in a week? I don't know. (I don't, I'm not a medical professional, and, to be quite frank, I don't believe that MOST medical professionals are educated enough in MMJ to make that call either).

I do know, however, that I'm no expert in growing pot. I also know that it takes a lot of energy to grow plants indoors. It also takes just as much energy to grow a few as it does one. Top all that off with I can promise you that I'll screw up my first few grows, I'll prolly get males or hermies... I could list more problems for you if you want. I mean, heck, someone could steal my crop, there could be pests, even the police could take it.

And let's just say on a positive note that ALL of my gorgeous plants come out females... and they all yield some fantastic medicine. Whether I have 9 plants or 99 - I could have grown all of that medication for a LONG time and not have to grow again for a while. I'm pretty gosh darn sick. Growing, adding nutes, harvesting, etc... it's a LOT of work & energy. It sure would be nice to just pack all that up properly and put it in the freezer or store it in a nice, long-term way... make some freezer meals even. Pull out what I need to smoke, vape, whatever/whenever I need... do what I want because I'm a responsible, grown adult & I have my spouse as my caretaker to help me when I need it.

Also, I smoke A LOT. I mean, A LOT. Maybe not compared to some of you, but compared to when I first started using MMJ, my use sure has gone up. But my medical situations have changed/gotten worse & I'm SURE my tolerance has gone up significantly as well (just like when I was taking morphine, vic, and other drugs every couple hours and they had to increase my doses like crazy after time).

When I picked up my meds from the hospital or CVS, etc, no one ever stopped me and said "Woah, you can only have only enough meds for to last you what I thing will get you through a certain amount of days." Nothing crazy like that. I have pills in my house right now to last me for months. MONTHS! The pharmacist or doctors never once stopped me and worried that I'd take them all, act like a loon, drive my car, or do anything of concern... yet MMJ is SOOOOOO hazardous? Scary? Must be regulated?

Mendo County has the highest legal plant limit which is one hundred plants. the catch is, now you have to secure zipties to the plants individually which have serial numbers and those are givin out by the sheriffs department, go figure huh, but its a fact. the long arm of the law/goverment has managed to reach deep into the pockets of the long time free grower! we'll be seeing more of this in november 2010.

Unlike the rest of the med states, CA has its written into its constitution (via ammendment). I do not know the language of the actual text, but does it in any way prohibit what that county's LEO is doing (and requiring growers in that county to do)?

100 plants, wow. Is that per each medical user or per garden?

what if you just want to have one grow that yields you enough to last a year ?
like instead of constantly growing you want to just do 100 plants and have enough not to be growing all the time....

Growing 100 plants would put you into Bad Uncle Sam's gunsights, you know - federal mandatory minimum prison sentences and all that.

Not recommended.

So it sounds like if I stay under 100 plants, have my mmj paperwork, commercial growers license, pay my taxes, don't piss off my landlord, and don't draw attention from home invaders I should have no problem other than growing the stiggiest iggy I can? Think I'll be moving to Santa Cruz. ;)

so my question is i live near san jose and don't want to drive to oakland to a hack doc thats out of business now i won't mention his name. i need a local doctor that is willing to raise my legal limits to 30 and no more then 3 lbs or something like that. any one know of a good doctor that i can trust thank for the help bros !

From my understanding, in CA, the limit has been removed, but you need to stay below 99 (although I have no factual reference on this - it's just what I've been told & it's based on something to do with federal law).

Here are some links that reference abolishing limiting the # of plants, etc:

Court: No Limits To Medical Marijuana Amounts - cbs13.com

State court ruling shoots down medical marijuana restrictions - Times-Standard Online

High Court's medical marijuana ruling carries host of implications - Times-Standard Online

HTH

That's what my Dr. told me and on the lb's a man in visalia got all of his medical marijuana back!!
YouTube - California man gets marijuana back!

You can cultivate "legally" for a collective or coop (collective has been thankfully, lattitude. DA interprets as 4 people, but... I WOULD HIGHLY
RECCOMEND READING the DA GUIDELINES on the CA DOJ Website. Link
on main page. Many cities/counties, though incouraged ONLY to use 420 as
a guide, and mandate local ordinance in excess of SB420, many are ignoring
everything but 12/6. If you can, I do, have your reccy written under 11362.77
(your needs exceed......), doc will put amounts and LEO will likely use that
guideline. Up side, the processed flower possesion limits are flat unconstitutional/ plant counts and canopy, depends on who shows up. Please,
remember; any one of us can be arrested with one plant. Neighbor only has
to allege( make sure your garden is posted with reccys/ cg's (no public access). But if you end up in court, if you can claim legitimate .77, have as much as you can reasonably smoke. Be proactive with a local collective if you
need to lose weight. SAN is what most are looking at in dome places that have not passed ordinance. (BTW: Lake, Mendo, Humboldt). DO NOT EVER ( EVER ) exceed 99 plants at a growsite/s ( the "s" is a !???). YOU WILL DO
MANDATORY 5 years in the Federal Pen. Set up
up a work area and two rooms (veg / flwr ) and crank out a hrvsr monthly. 90 is safe (MAYBE, but so is 99, just looks greedy. I have LEO friends. ALL KINDS. So it is still a crapshoot.
But a 100 will get you 5; MANDATORY
BUT DONT TRUST ME, read the DA guidelines as this IS likely what MOST Judges will base sentencing on.

However, if you join the MMJ ( volunteer and get a card ) you have given up some of ur rights. You can claim protection that you need under 215. And if your med condition is heinous, and you have a .77 reccy, and a legit grow, you will go home.

Peace
if I am redundant. My apologies as i
did not read every post

Back
Top Bottom