Hole through trunk, crown mangaled

rdglarry

I have a friend who's outside plants are doing some strange stuff. The top of the plant looks like it was sprayed with roundup, just enough to make the leaves freak out, curl upwards and twist. The top just quit growing. The bottom laterals are now growing past the crown. I sacrificed one plant, first thing I noticed was a clear hole in the trunk at ground level. We sectioned the trunk every few inches looking for bugs but nothing. The openings actually are closed at the intersections of the laterals and run up to where the messed up part starts. At the bottom of the plant the hole is round, about 1/8" and get progressively small at the top were it turns into more of a slight oval slit. The Ph is running in the low 6 range. He had used some cheap chicken manure last year and did very little work on the holes this year. I'm doing his hole next year as he does not appear to be able to do them him self.

This is the real pits, this guy has leukemia and he was depending on this crop. I really hope they do not die.

I think we can rule out bugs as all the plant have the same thing going on. It appears this could be a pathogen or some kind of bacterial infection from the soil. We both have the same plants, mine are 7-8' tall (July 13) and his are only 36" - 44". Severally hampered.

If you have any thought please let me know.
Thanks
IMG_30296.JPG
IMG_30275.JPG

Bummer's for your friend. About these plants, they seem to have a bacterial problem as you suspected. Really nothing I know will fix it. You can try to cut the tops of and a bit below the funky part, relocate in a fresh hole, mix worm castings and bat guano in with soil (organic soil) 50/50. 50% soil 25% castings 25% guano water every other day for 2 weeks and see if plants recover. That is my opinion. Relocate far as possible from where they are now. Aloha and good luck. Sorry for your friends medical condition, I too have cancer and depend on my grow as here in Hawaii we can get a MM card but we have no dispensaries so we have to grow it ourselves or buy it.

Back
Top Bottom