Holes and light green colour - leaves problem

pypcio

Hi there,

First Plant:
I noticed yesterday few small holes in one of the leaves in my two weeks old plant:

This same thing happened to my older one (3 weeks old) a week ago but it happened once and never appeared again:

My Second plant, light green color on the right:

And my third one has some white spots on the right and left leaves. It is over there for nearly a week and is not spreading out.

Some details:
- Growing indoor - inside growing tent
- Watering schedule - i water them when soil is dry (using 1/2 recommended amount of nutes for older ones)
- Growing Medium - canna terra professional
- What stage of growth - Plant number 1 and 2 - two weeks old. Plant number 3: three weeks old.
- RH around 65%
- Temp - 24-28 celsius degree

Thanks for help

Looks like it's from a sap sucker on that first pic, maybe mites. They suck those leaves leaving a brown or dead area which turns to that. That's my first guess.

That second pic, I'm interested to see what others say. I have a stink bomb with that leaf coloring....

Third pic looks like thrips to me,,,,those white specks..

What are your nighttime temps and RH? Both thrips and mites like warm areas,, get it cold and you may slow them down.

And/or, what do you do for pest management?

Good luck, let's see what a few others say.....

Hi MassMedMan, thanks for your replay.

Nighttime temps are around 25 and RH around 65%.

I do not do anything for pest management, i was hoping to do not get this problem in sealed tent:/

What would you recommend ?

Hi MassMedMan, thanks for your replay.

Nighttime temps are around 25 and RH around 65%.

I do not do anything for pest management, i was hoping to do not get this problem in sealed tent:/

What would you recommend ?

Bugs don't know seals. And once you break it once, the seal isn't the same. They get in, especially if there is food.

Temps seems ok. I use green clean for mites. You can find it on Amazon, not cheap but it's great. There are also other products out there,,,SNS a site sponsor makes some product from what I hear. Check the underside of the leaves for black dots,, those are mites. Black dots could also be thrip shit.

White dots that r moving are thrips, or aphids,, could be other things too, but those are the two that I'd look for first based on the leaf damage.

See what you find.

I'm sure you can make a spray from household goods that'll slow them down,,, just depends on how you want to deal with them.

I've learned over the years in all my gardens to remove the problem as safe and quick as possible.

I spray my plants twice a week sometimes three times a week preventativly with green clean. I also spray neem oil, but I prefer to feed neem in my watering. Prevention is key.

Good luck,,, I'll watch to see what others say....:circle-of-love:

I checked underside of the leaves and all are clean. But i will buy some stuff for pest control.

Is this the thing you use?

Thanks

Nope

I can't get the link to post. It's not listed in the UK Amazon....

Google,, "green clean spider mite and powdery mildew destroyer"

I found some on eBay,, you can find it I bet.

Don't need much I use 10 mil per qt.

Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom