Hologram Hydro - 315W LEC - Blueberry Kush

~Day 7~ Heads starting to poke through
20170811_220743.jpg

~Day 8~ Ziptie my first main growth tips
20170812_221034.jpg

~Day 10~ Have almost ziptied all my main growth tips.
20170814_220706.jpg

Controlling stretch in a confined space
I flowered when the plants had smaller total mass this time round, and it has helped to control the stretch considerably. Also last grow i didn't know you were supposed to keep the light source close, i kept it at a distance of 27" inches haha, no wonder it stretched heaps. This time, i'm maintaining a distance of 11" at all times. I have noticed next to no stretching compared to last grow. I have almost tied down all my main growth tips but will need to keep tying for a further 20 days. My last plants took 30 days to slow down (but not stop) stretching.

Compare a photo of my last grow. I took this pic at exactly day 10, so i'm happy to post an update at exactly day 10 of current grow for a comparison. Notice both pics have a black dot i coloured in. I made a dot ages ago because i wanted to judge the rate of growth the first time around. The dot has happened to come in handy for this grow as a reference.

~Day 10 First Plants~
20170401_214957_LI.jpg

~Day 10 Current Plants~
20170814_221912_LI.jpg

20170817_221647.jpg

I cant really tie these down anymore, so i will let them all grow up. If there are any major tall ones i will most likely bend them over somehow. The stretch is half complete, still have 2 more weeks to go, so this will be interesting

I have a transitioning schedule i'm kinda making up as i go along for my plants. This pheno is going through a final surge of pre growth that lasts first 2 weeks of flower. Because of this I am giving low amounts of Veg nutes still for weeks 1-2. I believe you should slowly transition from veg nutes to flower nutes, as the plant slowly transitions from pre growth to calyx stacking. This is so the plant gets the nutes it needs, when it needs it. Yield is effected if you go from veg straight into flower boosters, mainly as auxins cant keep up with the sudden change, it doesnt take alot to shock plants whether it be transplant, light, heat, nute defs, nute burns.

Because these are sativa, i've started flowering at 11/13. The pre flowers have shown quicker than last grow and the plants seems to be maturing at an overall faster rate than last time. The rate of growth is the same as last time despite 1 hour less growing time a day. I'm hoping the 11/13 schedule final transition to 10:20/13:40 help to bring the sativa characteristics out.
Last grow i had them at 12/12 for 11 weeks, then changed to 11/13 for weeks 12-19 which freaked them out.

~Week 2, Day 14~
20170818_221006.jpg

~Week 2, Day 14~
20170818_221019.jpg

~Week 2, Day 16~
20170820_221617.jpg

~Week 2, Day 16~
20170820_222536.jpg

Done a final trim of all shoots that didnt look like they would make the screen. All tiny shoots from here i will just throw in as popcorn hash at the end of harvest. I will flush with water for 3 days, then begin to transition to low amounts of flower nutes, as i've been using veg nutes for 16 days of flower now.

My plants have been maturing at a quicker rate than last time and always eager to add to my knowledge i've been digging around.

Pistillate and Calyx Formation
During the two and a half / three and a half weeks respectively of stretch, the very top of the plant focuses on pistils and calyxes only. The bottom half of the plant focuses on stretching bottom branches to the top before the formation of pistils begins. If you have noticed growing, it seems that the lower growth has the appearance of vegging shoots, while the top growth is starting to bud and mature.

In order to achieve a fast and maturing stretching phase you must reduce stress to all pistillate formation. If you lst a branch in the first 2-3 weeks of stretching, you will stress the plant to repair instead of pistil formation. Same goes for Mass defol, no transitioning period for nutes, All shoots growing in the shade, plant stretching for the light. All of this will slow but not cease, pistil and calyx formations leading to a longer stretching and pre flowering period. Hope this helps

~Week 2, Day 17~ All Pics's

20170821_193701.jpg

20170821_193921.jpg

20170821_194112.jpg

~Day 16~
Pistils are starting to stack so i'm going to start flushing with plain water for 3 days starting today, then will use low levels of flower nutes, gradually building to higher amounts.
Plants are drinking more water earlier than last grow so i'm doing something right. Also looking back at my last grow they are 6 days infront in maturity, hopefully meaning a quicker stretch.

**Also when i tried explaining pistil stress earlier, i said lst was stressful. let me clarify it isn't. LST is perfectly fine. *Supercrop* is stressful making the plant repair instead of pistil formation. **
~thats why my plants didnt stress when i used lst on all the tops.

The new ones are looking good, but you gotta give them there 12 hrs of uninterrupted darkness or it will stress them, hopefully you was taking them pics right when the light went of? I'm curious to see how your cmh does though. Are you gonna ad net and do a ScROG?

Thankyou for looking at my grow! I'm by no means an expert and am only doing this cause i love to grow, any advice is appreciated :blushsmile:
I added a metal screen the first week of flower which has 2'' x 2'' holes. I have tied all my main stems to the screen. The branches stretching up high are all the side branches of the mains tied to the screen. I think i vegged these too long which is why they are growing so big. (4 months veg)
I always take pics exactly when the light turns off, no more than 5 minutes max in a darkened room. Also i think photoperiod is strain dependent. Sativa grows (i should say "expresses") best when subjected to equatorial photoperiod. 13/11 veg (i vegged 18/6), and 11/13 flower

~Week 3, Day 22~
20170826_221802.jpg

~Week 3, Day 25~
20170829_220825.jpg

Day 25, They have stopped stretching and are now starting to fill out. I've done my best to make an even canopy and guide them to the centre of the light. I am aiming for 390g if all swell :;): Because i had 263g last grow due to a few problems.

All colas are roughly 9" tall from the screen i have put down. I am hoping for a final cola height of 18" which would be ideal penetration for my CMH light, but knowing how this strain grows, it might finish at 24" with everything below 18" being fluff n corn.

I have been doing some testing and have found the min and max distance i can have my cooltube.
maximum : 6" can not be kept this close for long
optimum: 8" plant loves it
minimum: 11" any further and stretching at the internodes occurs.
Set light at 9" let plants grow up into 7" zone, then raise and repeat.

The cab is 2x2 with the light footprint being 2x2. The sunsystem light is intended for a 3x3 so i've found the light to be slightly more intense in a good way.

Just been ghosting this grow thought I'd show myself and say looking a lot more under control, I too like your first grow am dealing with plants hitting the light I did start a scrog but it kinda ran away with me lol I'm running a different strain than normal and didn't expect the stretch to be so much as it's indica dom. but we live and learn eh! .

Canopy is looking really good. Sounds like this will be a better harvest with all of the control your imposing on this one. Good luck.

Thankyou for your kind words, this time around i've been on top of pests and LST'ing anything that was trying to be a leader

Just been ghosting this grow thought I'd show myself and say looking a lot more under control, I too like your first grow am dealing with plants hitting the light I did start a scrog but it kinda ran away with me lol I'm running a different strain than normal and didn't expect the stretch to be so much as it's indica dom. but we live and learn eh! .

Thanks for reading! My last grow was a disaster because i vegged for too long and applied no LST haha i kind of half expected the plant to scrog itself, and i didn't anticipate the stretch. This time i have half scrogged the plants and opted to let them grow standing, instead of against the screen and eachother like a carpet to avoid moisture.
My light did not show mercy on me my last grow.

~Week 3, Day 27~
20170831_221032.jpg

~Week 4, Day 28~
20170901_221138.jpg

Now that stretch is over i will update this weekly to 10, then fortnightly to finish. Nothing much to report, plants have stopped developing fan leaves and are now making single bladed sugar leaves. I mistook this as stress last grow. Temps are sitting around 84f during the day 33% RH and 64f at night 44% RH. The plants smell like wet lettuce still. I'm really proud of myself this time round. I'm very much a beginner still and need to fine tune my scrogging though. I have roughly 20 weeks left until harvest

Back
Top Bottom