Honey oiled buds. How to get max potency

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
This came up on another thread and I got quite a few pm's about how my process works. When I get hold of a digital camera I will post a pictorial thread so you can see the process from beginning to end.

PROCESS TO MAKE HONEY OILED BUDS
What I do is start with 3 or 4 gms of kief (unpressed hash) that I have harvested from the coffee grinder I use to chop my buds. I put the kief in a small round bottomed bowl and add two tablespoons of de-natured ethanol (I think you call it Everclear in the US). I stir it around and let the sediment settle. What you have at this stage is a tincture - where the ethanol has selectively taken up all the resins and THC into solution.
I then take a good sized floret (2gm bud) from my stash and put it on a wire rack. I then use a medicine dropper to transfer the tincture from the bowl to the floret, a bit at a time, as the solvent evaporates off. As the solvent evaporates off, it leaves behind all the resins and THC on what I call the recipient bud. You keep doing this until all of the solvent has been transferred from the bowl to the recipient bud. A hairdryer blowing on the bud at warm setting will speed up the evaporative process.
When you have finished transferring the tincture to the recipient bud, add another teaspoon of solvent to your bowl to pick up any residual resins or THC. Repeat the transferrance process and then just leave your bud to dry so that all of your solvent has evaporated off. Again, a hairdryer can speed up the final drying process. Any residual solvent will burn off anyway. You should note that the only thing you get when burning de-natured ethanol is water and carbon dioxide, so any residual solvent in your bud at smoking time will not cause you any harm.
So, what you have at the end is the 2gm floret you started with, but this bud now carries ALL the resins and THC that was in the 4gms of kief that you started with. The recipient floret now weighs about 2.5 to 3gms, and has incredible potency. I would estimate that if the kief you started with was excellent (say 18% to 20% THC), then the oiled bud would have to be approaching 50% to 60% THC. Phenomenal potency!!
The oiled bud can then be smoked as you would a normal bud (hold onto your head) or you could vape it. Whatever method you choose, expect an explosive soaring high that will take you to levels you never thought you could achieve.

Ah, yes. A quick and simple recipe for a quick and simple guy like me. I can't wait to have a big enough stash of kif to try this out.

Thanks smokin.moose.

Nice post Mr Moose. I will have to give that a try. :cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

That sounds really amazing I want to try it now.

sounds wicked .....but how does the bud only weigh 3 grams when in total you have put together approx 5.5 grams? i think id rather just smoke my grams of kief......all i can picture is all the crystal being blown away by the hairdryer and not even being able to notice it because its so small n damp thats the only way i can think that the weed would get lighter, that bud shouldnt get lighter in weight by making it wet and adding 4 grams of crystal and in the end it ways less than 4 grams? somthin just doesnt add up unless it is burnt and smoke evaporates into the air the bud should not get lighter

the sedement? i may be wrong but does that mean the ethonol that evaporates?? if so that stuff shouldnt evaporate your kief with it the liquid should go away leaving you with everything you started with lol it doesnt sound really cool but i dunno if id try it just cuz it doesnt add up in my head, if you give me 3 grams of kief and a 2 gram bud im gonna enjoy all 5 grams of that.... not turn it into 3 by throwing it in ethonol and letting it evaporate then take a hairdryer to my bud lol

nice one bro il try it and get anbk to u

could iso-propylene be used in place of ethanol? i reckon the iso would evaporate, and just leave the buds oiled and a little wet from the water in the iso.

oh and to doodman saying about the buds shouldn't be that light, the alcohol picks up just the thc, not the sediment in the keif. 5g's of kief, with only 20% of it being thc, if you're lucky, leaves you with 1g of almost nothing but thc. what moose is saying, if the everclear really does just selectively take the thc, this should work like magic! one day moose, i'll be smoking enough of the goodstuff to randomly do this on a whim. until then, smoke what you get your hands on =D

moose u r the man :bong: i induced my ak47 nuggz with some og kush kief i had from my coffee grinder and omg :bong: need i say more :headbanger:

Back
Top Bottom