Hopefully a simple problem with a simple fix!

henrysiek

Hi All,

I started a thread in the Introduction section but thought I may get a better view/response rate if posted here.

My thread is here Henry Siek Introduction and Thanks. It would be great for you guys to read it because I am so thankful for all your contributions on this forum Ive gotten so far because of all the great posts here.

I apologise if reposting this breaks some rules but I'm a little concerned and I am going to include a lot more info in this post.

First off I made a small grow box out of a PC case to grow a single plant for personal use. Once I can successfully raise and harvet a few plants in this I will branch out into a larger setup but again its for personal use and am not really concerned with quantity I more interested to learn.

Here is my pc case. It has an intake fan set to high blowing air in and a exhaust fan (the white box ontop) on the top with a carbon filter. I have 2 x 100w LED full spectrum lights at the top and have it wrapped in mylar foil. I made this myself with a lot of guidance from MountainGoats thread on this forum.

UQ1lRuel.jpg

I have experienced a few novice problems with this seedling so far. First off I had a heat wave that raised temps in the room it was to about 40 degrees Celsius. I wasnt home but have moved the box to a more protected area. I also helped it recover by cutting a large bottle in half an keeping it under the dome to get the humidity higher. It bounced back spectacularly.

Second problem came about with a small mite infestation. I caught a few of the buggers early on and fixed it with a spraying of nutrasoap and drying out the top cm or 2 before spraying.

They have been gone about a week.

Ive noticed throughout the infestation that there were some white spots on the leaves/they were starting to wilt and tips going brown. See the photos below.

1CL5ZFel.jpg

In this pic your can see the first two leaves that started to die from the heat wave.

rB6pn5Fl.jpg

Now for some more information:

I used a store bought potting mix specifically for seedlings. The brand was Osmocote - Seedling and Cutting Mix

I also put about 5 grams of Dynamic Lifter in the bottom of the pot, which is 3.7L. This is a slow release organic fertilizer.

I have not adjusted the soil or added any nutes. The only additive was the NatraSoap.

In terms of watering I only use natural spring bottled water with a neutral PH. I was worried about the addition of flouride to our tap water affecting the plant.

I did make the novice mistake of watering too often and now I water every 1-2 days depending on the outcome of my finger test.

The seed is a strain call Big Red Devil purchased through one of the sites sponsors. It is an autoflowering strain. I thought to be a good choice for a starter.

I once successfully raised 12 seedlings but over nuted them/over watered and killed them all - this was an outdoor attempt though.

Based on all this information could someone please assist me with diagnosing the problems? I am happy to research solutions myself but could really do with an expert on this site pointing me in the direction of the problem.

Many thanks in advance - henrysiek

I have attached two new images - I think its looking much better although the first two leaves have completely died now. Its certainly grown a lot since I took those photos on Monday night.

gLQasChl.jpg

nlY5dKNl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom