How am I doing? And some beginner queries

Budwiserish

420 Member
lg.php

lg.php

• Hi all, so I did finally start my first grow, one northern lights auto never sprouted, and I have going now an amnesia auto, been 2 days and one white widow auto has been around for 13 days.

These pics were taken the 16th, 23rd and 28th if July

IMG_20190729_041049.jpg

My medium is 30% coco, 20%perlite 30%organic veggie mix soil and 10% compost, I had also added a handful of seaweed extract granules. I'm growing them in 3gallon fiber pots in my east side facing balcony they get about 13 hours of light and 6 hours of direct sunlight. The temps here in India where I live ranges from 20-30 deg C. Humidity is about 75 as it is the monsoons and the weather is been bad for the last 3 days.

I have a 3 part nutrient, micro, grow and bloom (Radongrow an Indian brand) fed the white widow on day 10, water Ph d at 6.5, I gave a seedling which was 1/4th of the mild vegetative dosage, but then it rained continuosly for 2 days and drowned the soil. I also noticed tiny yellowish, whitish spots on the leaf today. Have no idea what that is.

I noticed in a few other journals and some grow videos how big some of other plants looked at 12 13 days, am I missing something? The feeding part was a little confusing, still is, as to when and how much to feed autos.
I was hoping to do some LST but at this rate I doubt it or maybe I don't know Jack shit. Thanks

I don’t know shit about autos, so can’t help you there. To be honest I don’t really know why people even grow them, but I realize that opinion is not very helpful either.
Hmmm what can I help you with.....Hopefully something
Can you post some pics of the plants?

I don’t know shit about autos, so can’t help you there. To be honest I don’t really know why people even grow them, but I realize that opinion is not very helpful either.
Hmmm what can I help you with.....Hopefully something
Can you post some pics of the plants?

Hi thanks for your reply, well personally i'm growing autos as its a stealth balcony grow in an illegal country. So i wanted something quick and doesn't get to big. I have posted some pics, what could be those whitish yellowish spots on the pic on the right?

I’m not sure. The photos are kind of blurry but from the consistent size and shape they look like they could be caused by some sort of pest.
At this stage I’d worry most about overwatering and overfeeding them. Seedlings can’t handle either very well.

I’m not sure. The photos are kind of blurry but from the consistent size and shape they look like they could be caused by some sort of pest.
At this stage I’d worry most about overwatering and overfeeding them. Seedlings can’t handle either very well.

Yes, the picture, my camera is not that great. Would neem oil help?. I've shaded her now and letting the soil dry out

Yes neem oil is very good stuff. I remember when I was in India visiting we used to brush our teeth with the neem branches.
Light fluffy soil that is only barely moist is what seedlings crave- and getting soaked is often deadly for them. Larger plants can handle soakings as long as they get to dry out in between. If you were growing in only coco it would be different but the mix you’re using will not drain as well as pure coco

Light fluffy soil that is only barely moist is what seedlings crave- and getting soaked is often deadly

If you were growing in only coco it would be different but the mix you’re using will not drain as well as pure coco

i did not know this and clears things up a great deal, I also overestimated the draining capacity of my medium.

lg.php

lg.php

• Hi all, so I did finally start my first grow, one northern lights auto never sprouted, and I have going now an amnesia auto, been 2 days and one white widow auto has been around for 13 days.

IMG_20190729_041049.jpg

My medium is 30% coco, 20%perlite 30%organic veggie mix soil and 10% compost, I had also added a handful of seaweed extract granules. I'm growing them in 3gallon fiber pots in my east side facing balcony they get about 13 hours of light and 6 hours of direct sunlight. The temps here in India where I live ranges from 20-30 deg C. Humidity is about 75 as it is the monsoons and the weather is been bad for the last 3 days.

I have a 3 part nutrient, micro, grow and bloom (Radongrow an Indian brand) fed the white widow on day 10, water Ph d at 6.5, I gave a seedling which was 1/4th of the mild vegetative dosage, but then it rained continuosly for 2 days and drowned the soil. I also noticed tiny yellowish, whitish spots on the leaf today. Have no idea what that is.

I noticed in a few other journals and some grow videos how big some of other plants looked at 12 13 days, am I missing something? The feeding part was a little confusing, still is, as to when and how much to feed autos.
I was hoping to do some LST but at this rate I doubt it or maybe I don't know Jack shit. Thanks
lg.php

lg.php

IMG_20190729_041049.jpg

lg.php

lg.php

IMG_20190729_041049.jpg

I added up the % of your soil mixture you listed and it only comes up to 90%. Do you know what the other 10% is?

I think your plants are getting too much water and not enough light. Is there any way you can bring the plants inside to dry out? If so, do that and put them under a 60w equivalent LED bulb. Those two things should help things out.

I added up the % of your soil mixture you listed and it only comes up to 90%. Do you know what the other 10% is?

I think your plants are getting too much water and not enough light. Is there any way you can bring the plants inside to dry out? If so, do that and put them under a 60w equivalent LED bulb. Those two things should help things out.
Lol got me.
Yes my grow isn't going that great, the initial overwatering stunted it to top it, when I did bring it in, under some LEDs I burnt a bit of the edges of two leaves. (Yellowed it)They look healthy otherwise but bonsaied, have been feeding her and letting her dry out in between but I don't know what happens next.

Good luck with your plants. Keep doing your research and you'll do fine.

This is where having autos is definitely a drawback because, being autos, they will not have a chance to recover. I understand your reasons for planting them though. Probably the best you can do is treat this as a learning experience and start more seeds.

Back
Top Bottom