How am i doing so far?

PEOPLEZ

Thanks to everybody who replied to my post and giving me feed back.
I started my dwc style because I read about all the advantages dwc comes with. I started from bag seed to see how it would go while my sour diesel was on its way. Once they arrived I germinated five but two died on and three survived. . I forgot about the great white shark feminized for free so I started one of those also. Now my bag seed plant is so disrespectful it just wants to Debo all the light so I put it in a bucket all by it self. The big one in the pic to the left is the bag seed plant. The two to the right of it is my sour diesel then to the right of them toward the back is the great white shark and in front of it is another sour diesel. My lights r two 350 cfls my ventilation is two computer fans blowing out and a small fan for air movement. My temps rise up and down from 82 to 88 and when I do see the temp rise I open the closet doors n turn on the AC. Sometimes it get a little chilly in the room to a point I could leave the closet doors closed and the temps would be down to 80-82. My Ph is somewhere between 5.0-5.5. I just cut a clone from each of the bigger plants to go into 12/12 to see the sex of each plant. My bag seed plant is 8 1/2 inch tall and my SD 7 inch tall. I'm using my two 350 cross for veg until 2 1/2 feet tall than a 1000hps for flowering. Attah is a pic of my project so far. Any other helpful replies r welcome because like I said before in my other post this is my fist time.
IMG_20121113_044203.jpg
IMG_20121113_044144.jpg

as long as you grow it right the bag seed plant will be better than the bag you got it from

hey peeps. Your plants look great. FC is correct about the bag seed. I once had 1 seed drop out of a bag i bought. Planted it and it turned out to be some of the best green ive ever smoked. The only advice i could give you is maybe getting ur ph to 5.6 -5.8 and trying to get ur air temps down to 78 and ur water temps to 68. There is a graph on this site somewhere that shows what nutrients are absorbed at what ph level but i cant find it. I have found that water temp at 68 is important. This will prevent any bad shit growing on ur roots (root rot etc). Nothing worse than having healthy plants go to crap because of root rot. Brown slimy roots are bad. If you cant chill your water and you are having probs there is always h202 @ 35%. You can purchase this at your local hydro store. It does both good and bad things for our plants. 1st the good ... it will kill everything in your water. Both the good and bad bacteria. Because we grow using the dwc method we have to provide O2 to the roots. H2O2 will provide a heavy dose of O2 to your water. There are other benefits but i use it for primarily those 2. Now the bad ... While H2O2 will kill the bacteria causing root rot and other harmful critters, it also kills all the beneficial bacteria that grow when growing with the dwc method. Also my hydro shop guy tells me that the plants can become addicted to the h2o2. Kinda like crack for you pot plants. It also doesn't address the initial problem ... water temps above 68 degrees. I think you said u had 2 350 watt cfls running and that put your temps in your closet at 88. I wouldnt be surprised to see it break 100 degrees once you get the 1000 hps running. My last grow was under a 600w hps and the temps got to 88 easy without proper ventilation and that was in a 4.5 x 4.5 x 6.5 grow tent. Anyway a few things to think about.

Good luck

:peace::peace:

Nice! I hope mine turn out at least similar to. I'm the new guy on site, I am running DWC but i bought a kit. I started 4 seeds in a Dome, then into buckets. I lost one, the second is stunted, thought it was gone but, safed it and two are flourishing. I am at 2 weeks 3 days from dome. i have tried prior attempts in soil w/less result switched to hydro b/c of control. Question is, What is making these two grow so well and brought back the 3rd. i am so new I do not know how to post pics. I know I am over anxious but I NEED THIS TO WORK. Any ideas, mix seeds, high temp 85-92 w/ normal humidity, ph 6.2....what now?

Thanx for the advice bobulak.
Speaking of brown roots. I am using some nutes, don't know the name of the whole kit but it got BC grow, BC bloom, magical, sugar daddy, thrive b1 red and green and some others. The Guy at the store said it was real good. I didn't know what kind of bytes to use for dwc. The one thing I don't like about it is there r too many mixing of nutes for all stages of plant growth. Now some of the nutes liquid is so dark brown that every time I change the water the roots r brown and I don't know if its the nutes or something making root rot. I monitor the plants to see if there r any effects to root rot and if there was I wouldn't know what the plant effect to root rot would be. The only thing that is happening is lower bottom leaves. Turning yellow.
As far as water temps, I wouldn't know what it is because I don't have a water thermometer. The Ph I wouldn't know the exact level because I don't have a digital Ph meter but I do have the Ph up n down with the little green liquid bottle that u add three to five drop and watch the color change n match the color to see where my Ph is at. The 1000 swattered is going I'm a 8×12×8 room

We both doing the same. If that's ah 1000w hps I would think the space ur using is to small. Ur Ph is suppose to be between 5.5-5.8 dwc. The temps should be between 75-80. Put more pellet rocks in ur net basket to stop light getting into ur water. Roots and light don't mix at all.

Back
Top Bottom