How and when to water this seedling?

Nah, thrips or mites. Neem oil is good up until you see pistils.

Safers Insect Killing soap spray works as well (through harvest) but should be rinsed off after it dries to prevent accumulation of the potassium salts on the leaves.

Both should be sprayed in the shade and not put in the sun till dry.
Have you ever heard of Dr. Zymes? I have some samples of that that I can spray or I will do neem.

6 days ago tells me one of two things.
Its either under watered.
Or your soil is not aerated properly.

I personally never go more than 2 days without watering, but I also do not flood the hell out of it.
I just keep my soil moist at all times.

Bone dry soil is just as bad as totally saturated if either one is that way more than a day.

I usually start feeding when the second set of true leaves are completely in, and at that point I give the plant 25% strength of what I feed in late veg.
InTheShed,

Are you the one who says that switching to bloom nutrients is not necessary? If so, can you post a link to your articles?

InTheShed,

Are you the one who says that switching to bloom nutrients is not necessary? If so, can you post a link to your articles?
I'm among those who don't switch to bloom nutes, but whether they're "necessary" or not depends on the makeup of your nutrients.

What I can tell you is that high phosphorus is actually not good for plants or roots, and that plants need almost as much N in flower as they do potassium. Here's a post I did with the charts to explain that.

I'm among those who don't switch to bloom nutes, but whether they're "necessary" or not depends on the makeup of your nutrients.

What I can tell you is that high phosphorus is actually not good for plants or roots, and that plants need almost as much N in flower as they do potassium. Here's a post I did with the charts to explain that.
Thanks. I read some posts last year about doing an entire grow cycle using only Dyna-Gro Foliage Pro and getting the same or better yields that plants that were switched to “bloom nutrients” during flower. I don’t know if it was you who ran those tests or you were responding to the person who did. But I think I remember the discussion being that you can run an entire grow cycle with only “Grow” nutrients and have the same or better yields than switching to “Bloom” nutrients.

I haven't used Dyna-Grow so I must have been posting in someone else's thread. I do know that farside05's perpetual is actually named:

And like I said, whether you can run your entire grow from sprout to harvest without bloom nutrients depends on your nutrients. If you are vegging with 5-1-5 then you probably can. If you are vegging with 5-5-1 then you probably can't.

I haven't used Dyna-Grow so I must have been posting in someone else's thread. I do know that farside05's perpetual is actually named:

And like I said, whether you can run your entire grow from sprout to harvest without bloom nutrients depends on your nutrients. If you are vegging with 5-1-5 then you probably can. If you are vegging with 5-5-1 then you probably can't.
Thanks. Yes, I think the above link is what I was reading. Interesting! I got a sample of Dyna-Gro Foliage Pro and knew nothing about it and started using it on my house plants. And it really made my house plants explode at 1/4 tsp per gallon!

I use organic nutes and/or water only living soil on my outdoor plants except for last year when I used Dutch Pro samples on half my plants because of the pandemic. Next time I'm able to get samples of Dyna-Gro, I'd like to try Foliage Pro only on one plant as an experiment.

Back
Top Bottom