How big is too big

jusohappy

what is the largest chunk of a plant i can use or does it have to be some little pinner chunk like everyone seems to use when hunting for quanity(or even doing it right)

what is the largest chunk of a plant i can use or does it have to be some little pinner chunk like everyone seems to use when hunting for quanity(or even doing it right)

Please explain ... I have no idea what you are talking about.

I lost control of a few plants(way too big) that I want to clone but i dont want 20 clones, I just want one or two from each plant, so I am wondering how big of a clipping can be rooted

Oooooooh .... now I get it. :tokin:

You can make cuttings any size (I think), I do know that as long as they are not really tiny (less than ~4", you should be able to root anything. Even if you cut a huge branch, and then trim that branch down to a nice cutting, and toss the rest, you are still making out.

I think Smokey gave you the best advice anyone could. You need to cut just enough that the plants can begin to establish a root system, without damaging the original plant.

From what your message says, it sounds like you probably have a large enough plant that cutting a few clones isn't going to harm it. Good for you for growing such a healthy plant!

I lost control of a few plants(way too big) that I want to clone but i dont want 20 clones, I just want one or two from each plant, so I am wondering how big of a clipping can be rooted

Jusohappy, way too big... can you share your grow area size and the size of plant? I bet she still looks great. I was wondering if maybe you're able to tie her down with some bondage and or top her depending on your overall space and if she is still vegging... then maybe you have no other choice but to just clone her and control her clones. Just a thought from a stoned rookie lol.

Back
Top Bottom