First grow - questions

DeijaBlu13

Hello everyone I am and Ovarian cancer survivor of 7 months. I am doing my first grow. It is an outdoor grow. I have 12 Pineapple chunk clones that were given to me. I have them directly in the ground. I have great soil here. I have loads of flowers, everything from roses to seadum and it all grows well. I have a veggie garden that does very well also. I would say the biggest issue is sunlight. But anyway I have been giving them very little miracle grow and I used our local Dairy Doo compost, I watered with a soaker hose as needed. I am not sure when to harvest, not sure how to tell. Also I have just one plant that is turning yellow. All of it but the buds seem to be turning and drooping. Any advice would be appreciated.
:allgood: Teresa

Re: First grow. (questions)

As far as when to harvest, the best way to tell is the trichomes, or crystals. You need at least a 45X microscope, though I use a 100X, and it all depends on what kind of high you are aiming for. Here are some trichome pics, so you can see what I'm talking about.
20130816_184214.jpg
20130816_184327.jpg
20130816_184418.jpg
20130816_184427.jpg

You can from these pics the trichomes are about 50% clear 50% cloudy, which is not ripe yet. You want mostly cloudy some amber for a head high, and 40% amber for a couchlock effect.

Thank you. I am going to upload a bunch of pic's I just took.

Don't mention it, it's what we do on this site, and if I can't help you solve the issue, someone on here can. I have a feeling the yellow leaves could be a nitrogen deficiency, but I'll wait on the pics, and see what it looks like.

Okay well there it is in a nut shell. I'm baffled as to why just the one is yellow. And if I had to guess I'd say maybe frost got it, but I was sure it was covered. And I also think they are close to harvest, but I really don't know as I have never grown them before. I'm glad I came on this site.

You have come to the right place, believe me you will enjoy this site. Those girls look amazing, with the exception of the yellowing, which looks to be a nitrogen deficiency. It's nothing to worry over this late in flower, the plant is pulling nitrogen from the leaves, and sending it to the buds, now let's talk about the trichs. I don't see any amber, and there are still plenty of white pistils, so I would wait, but you don't have long to go! If you want to keep posting pics on this thread, I, among others I'm sure, will help you determine when to harvest. Or you could start a journal, and you would probably get more attention there. This is the best cannabis related website out there, lots of knowledge, and some awesome members here.

Good job btw, I didn't do near as good my first grow. Seed info on your strain says 55 to 60 days flowering, so that may help some. Flower begins when pistils, or "hairs" start to appear, so if you know what day that was, it's a pretty good indicator. Nice pics also, I think you will do well on this site, +reps girl.

I wish I would have paid attention to when I put these in and when the hairs appeared. I will give it some serious thought and let you know my rough esitments. The person I got them from has given little advice, and to be honest I have not followed all that he said. I did not use the miracle grow but 5 times. And that would have been just a gallon at the base of each. But I did how ever water regularly like I did my garden and other flowers. I am a big fan of the DairyDoo its organic! Got to love the organic stuff. I will try to get some better shots soon. I need to work on my close ups lol.
A journal huh, they tried to get me to do that when I first got my cancer, I have to say I'm not much on the daily writings. But maybe I'd have better luck with a green journal.

You can click on Grow Room at the top of the page, then click on Grow Journals<<Journals In Progress, then start a thread there, if you wish to start one. I have subscribed to this thread, so will receive alerts when you post, but you will likely get more attention over there. You can subscribe to other journals as well, and you are more than welcome to come check mine out. Mine is in my signature, just click on the one that's in progress, and reply to the thread. Type the word subscribed as the first word of the post, then leave whatever comment you want.

Back
Top Bottom