How can I tell if my buds are dry enough?

I use a hygrometer - it measures humidity/moisture content. They are really inexpensive. I think 5 of them were about $20 or so on amazon. If you put all your buds in a jar with the little humidity meter, you're looking for about 62%. If it is more than 62%, leave the lid off for another day or so. If it is a lot less than 62%, you can put a small piece of damp sponge wrapped loosely in plastic wrap in the jar with the lid on for a day or so.

There is a long thread in my signature about the "low and slow" drying method that you might find helpful.

Good luck with the project!

I go by the stems/branches to decide when to take down from drying and do final trim before jarring.
Hard to describe but I do that a little bit before a stem just clean breaks as that would be to dry, imo.
is there any risks if i jar them too wet? (as long as i air them a lot so there is no mold)

I go by the stems/branches to decide when to take down from drying and do final trim before jarring.
Hard to describe but I do that a little bit before a stem just clean breaks as that would be to dry, imo.
I do the same.
When the buds feel slightly crunchy and the medium sized stems snap and not just bend, then I trim and put them into jars to cure. They will begin to dry from the inside out. That’s why the jars need to be burped a few times a day.
I live in a very dry climate, so the process is quicker for me. Generally a week hanging to dry, then 2-3 weeks curing/burping.
I use ceramic and glass jars with the hinges and rubber gaskets for curing and storage.

F310433A-304E-43AF-8175-97470BD7219F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom