How do I disinfect my tent?

geeklife

Hi folks. I just bought a Secret Jardin DR120 for my first grow and I was wondering, what's the best way to disinfect it and keep it clean on the inside? Don't want to use chemicals that are toxic to my future plants. What method should I use?

Yep, a 10% bleach solution will do it. 1 part bleach to 9 parts water.

Physan20 if you want to do hospital clean, but the bleach is more than enough.

DD

Yep, a 10% bleach solution will do it. 1 part bleach to 9 parts water.

Physan20 if you want to do hospital clean, but the bleach is more than enough.

DD

Physan 20 is toxic, but very effective.

Bleach works very well, and rubbing alcohol works well in pure form if your not spraying plants, smoking or a pyro. hahaha......but it works man, and evaporates with no residue. Bleach will leave a slight residue (nothing your gonna notice.)

Good luck.

H2O2 is good too for wiping surfaces and such, and it safe around plants as it degrades to just water and a free oxygen molecule - no chemicals at all.

Bleach is best for killing everything, virii included, but H2O2 is better for use when the garden is up and running.

Also, do watch out with certain chemical cleaners, as they may damage the reflective lining of your tent. Probably most cleaners would be OK, but I'd hate to have to find out the hard way about the one product that is not...

:thumb:

Awesome. Thanks everyone for your responses! Definitely good to know that bleach is an option, and that H202 is an option when plants are present. I should have stated that not damaging the tent was another goal of mine, so thanks Dacob for your warning there....

When i bought my tent he said windex is good to wipe down the PVC pipes. I have some fantastic like spary and some lime away. Lime away should work then some H202 after wards i think is plenty enough. Just my 2 cents :p

Back
Top Bottom