How do you pack your bowl?

:rollit:
My Pa used to say Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open your mouth and romove all doubt... Can some one tell me Exactly what " kind " & Mid's are ?
In the hightimes price index iis where I first noticed and we never used that term in Tombstone. Now Im here and dont know what folks are talking about Ha !
zion

"kind" bud is like buds that have names, well known strains. white widow, northerlights..., where as "mids" are like mid grade herb, inbetween "schwag", or "reggie", and "kind" bud.

:joint:

I have never heard that before in my life....

mid, mids, middies al reefer to middle grade pot like BC NUGGETS, usually an indica -sativa cross

KIND is medical grade pot like in the california clubs, usually INDICA

shwag is dirt weed grade like mexican brown, usually sativa

Kind is referring to kind bud or damk (which is the buds from the top of the flower n usually have moret THC) n mids referr to Middle (or the middle of the flowering buds, n they usually have less THC or just more harsh smoke.
)

As I've recently cut down my smoking to weekends only, I tend to pack very small (half-quarter) size cones with a home-made pipe. Some of the weed I've been getting through a mate lately comes pre-shredded so I just pack it right in. But if I get whole buds, I will gently peel off the desired amount, drop it into a shot-glass (or similar) and chop with a pair of scissors.
The cool thing is after several chops or "sessions" there can be quite a lot of hashish build-up around the sides of the shot-glass, so I just scrape it off with my finger and add it to the top of a cone/bowl :)

I hold the bud by the stem and bust it up as finely as I can with scissors, remove any little remaining stems, then load the busted material into the bowl and lightly pack it in.

I've got a revision to make. I found my grinder. :smokin:

If necessary, I hold the bud by the stem and chop it into smaller pieces to put in the grinder. I give it a few twists until the herb is nicely ground, then empty the contents of the grinder into a tray. I take out any remaining stems, then gently load the ground herb into a bowl and lightly pack it in.

I'm gonna do this survey style

I guess what I am getting at is how does everyone handle their weed before it goes into the [fill in with your choice smoking device] to be smoked and by that I mean:

1) Do you use a grinder? Most of the time yes I do use a grinder.....

2) Do you just shread it up with your fingers?When the grinder isnt present or if I dont want to have any of the trichomes stay in the grinder and I want em all in the bowl.

3) Are you like me and hold the stem and gently trim the bud into small pieces with a pair of scissors?no....

now comes the second question
When done breaking up your weed.......

1) Do you pack your bowl down and tightly fill it up to capacity?I pack it down till it seems a little firm...but still a little airy. depending on if it is just me...or how high I want to get...or the piece...I fill it. I usually pack my bong slide to the top...but I just got a new one and I cant fill it that high because it just to horrible tasting by the time I get to the bottom....so I fill it half way. but usually almost all full....

if I am going for just a taste test....I put a pinch in a clean piece so I can get the nice taste on that first green hit. :)

2)place the finely cut pieces loosely into the bowl and gently push down so the pieces will take flame?I dont usually cut my ganj...but I have smoked like this before I just dont usally do it..

i use my grinder 90 percent of the time, but if im away or just am lazy i usually will break the nug up with my fingers, though i have used a bowl and scissors before.

lately ive been grinding, pack the bottom half real nice and hard, then i put in my kief and maybe some hashish, and then another layer of ground bud over the top and press nice and hard.

ive found that pressing it down hard not only allows you to fit more in the bowl, but has no adverse effects on how it smokes, ex, it wont pull hard. ive been packing the bowls to the brim and smoking chalice.

i use my grinder 90 percent of the time, but if im away or just am lazy i usually will break the nug up with my fingers, though i have used a bowl and scissors before.

lately ive been grinding, pack the bottom half real nice and hard, then i put in my kief and maybe some hashish, and then another layer of ground bud over the top and press nice and hard.

ive found that pressing it down hard not only allows you to fit more in the bowl, but has no adverse effects on how it smokes, ex, it wont pull hard. ive been packing the bowls to the brim and smoking chalice.

You kmow FishSticks there are some who consider packing the bowl down tight is not good etiquette(sp?) but to each his own I just remember seeing it somewhere or something.

I only pack the bowl down enough that flame will catch it and then as the bowl burns down I push down with the edge of the bottom of the lighter accordingly so that the weed on the sides of the bowl burn to. Also I only burn until all green has turned black (if it is cured good it will turn grey) and then dump out. I have seen people hit black ashes like there is c**** in there LOL!

Also to, how many people use some sort of filter ..ie: screen, glass screen, tin foil...you name it. Right now in my bubbler I have a screen that I periodically pull out and clear it just helps from all the clumpy stuff that gets caught in the bottom.:peace:

i remember a couple years back i got this bomb hashplant that unfortunately got overdried by the growers. i used to just flick the baggie n the nugs would bust up just whoop it into the bowl n snap her back

i use my grinder regardless of quality then lightly tamp it down with a piece of metal i found a while back. then after i pack the bowl i unscrew my grinder and sprinkle some kief on top for good measure.

i say fuck it, gently remove small buds off your stalks holding each bit at the base and put in as much as you can fit without really touching it, use something that it wont stick to to pack it a lil, if its needed. grinded or not, it still burns nice and fucken really, how much different can it be?

id like to see some evidence.

Back
Top Bottom