How do you wash off the sticky?

TheKiller

OK, I know this is a bit odd, as many of my posts are... I just have many questions that I can not seem to find answers any where for!

While working in my room, I end up covered in sticky crap... its on my hands, my arms,my face, shirt and even gets into my hair.. I have 9 very bushy full 90 day old girls in there.. and they are very sugary/powdery... which I am diggin...BUT...

I have tried washing with a mixture of liquid hand soap and ISO, only partly effective.. scrubbing with a stiff brush and dish soap does not seem to remove all of it. 3 showers later and I still feel a bit sticky.. arg!

Up to recently I have always worn latex gloves to work the girls, ran out the other day(will pick more up this weekend), and it doesnt seem to matter as it is covering me.. do they make a full body zip suit, like a auto painters suit. or maybe I could just buy some of those...?

I know that some of you are saying.. "Whats the problem?"

I have eczema and my skin if easily disrupted( yes, I know, I'm a delicate flower)...;).. I have lived my whole life coated in Aveno lotion and cortizone creams.. its a great life......;(

I try to NOT touch my face after working in there, but it gets on my face anyway.. horribly itchy around my eyes.

Any clue to an alternative soap/wash to get this stuff offa me?? :thanks:

Re: How do you wash off the sticky...?

Have you tried peanut butter? Also have you found a good eastern practioner for your eczema? There is a most excelent shampoo bar/soap made for dreadlocks but is great for problem skin. it is made by knotty Boy. it is there peppermint shampoo bar. allergies usually play a big part in eczema.

Umm Peanut butter? Is it the oil that helps? Just layer it on and scrape of later or what??

Used Dr bronners soap for years, but even it got too harsh after awhile... Tea tree oil... OMFG!!!! no way in hell, once was enough...

I have tried sooo many different remedies over the years, at 50 years of youth, pretty much nothing new out there... Any of the "natural products usually contain some sort of harsh oil(such as peppermint) that burns baby burns.... I stick with NO scented stuff for everything... walking by someone with heavy Cologne or perfume can mess me up for days... Shoulda been a bubble boy!

My Mother tells they story of taking me to a doc as a baby... she was told to never wash me in water.. to use veg oil... yikes... I like showers in water man!!!

Sad part of this, is I hesitate to go in there somewhat.. they are well taken care of.. but it gives me pause to work closely with my girls.. sad , no?

Screwnuts gave me an idea that might help.

They make these disposable paper gowns for hospital workers and probably many other industries that would help keep the resin off your skin. You might be able to use them more than once or it would get expensive.

Some kind of cheap disposable gown or apron maybe?

Yeah lab coats work good. The only thing that will cut the goo is 180 proof alcohol. You might try using baby powder and let it soak up the resin and then just scrub it off. Works good on your hands when you run out of latex gloves. Wait until you have to trim. You'll really want gloves then.

MF>>> I had typed out this and it got wiped out... why did my screen suddenly got to some answer site???

Any way , back to it... I had brought up the issues at hand with my Lovely GF Catherine.. she mentioned that if THC is oil soluble, and some one suggested Peanut butter.. why not just try Butter.... Is it any wonder why I love her..?

It worked wonderfully, went down and rubbed my hand all over those sweet sticky buddlings... smeared some butter on my hand and fore arms.. washed as normal... wow... not a trace of stickiness nor smell... cool beans my Brothers and Sisters...

Thank you all for the insightful help...even you screwnuts...(where in Or is ya?)... gonna look for disposable suits this weekend. and maybe live a normal(is there such a thing?) growers life , with out all that itching crap.... !!

good for you dude! This whole thread has made me very happy, people actually enjoy helping on this site. one day we can come back and start tracking down all these special faceless friends, I plan to have PLENTY for everyone:grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint:

Sweet I am glad you found something that works. So now you will be able to roll around in buds.lol good job and good luck on your grows.

My advice is to just bask in it. haha or use any soap that's designed for mechanics, I forget the name sof the types of soaps but you can get them usually in any auto store and that shit will scrub anything off.

Screwnuts gave me an idea that might help.

They make these disposable paper gowns for hospital workers and probably many other industries that would help keep the resin off your skin. You might be able to use them more than once or it would get expensive.

Some kind of cheap disposable gown or apron maybe?

setting sun is right some 99cent stores carry the disposable haz-mat suits
they go right over your clothes and would work perfect for you

i work for this company and we weatherize housing. ( air seal attics and crawl spaces belowe houses ) we have those kinda disposable haz-mat suits. (tyvek suits) They are made out of tyvek paper( tyvek paper is a wind and Moisture proof paper) and u for houses mostly use it on the out side of the exterior walls for u're house.

but the suits are awsome they are even footed. That and some gloves and u would have no prob's. we put on a new one every time( we get them dirty fast) . But if u only used them for u're grow room u could get multiple uses out of one suit.

First try regular vegetable oil like corn oil etc. Then any residues can be removed with 91% alcohol. It works for me.

Back
Top Bottom