How does heat affect growing your own

Smokeater

How does heat figure into the growth? The only stealth place I have is in a unheated crawl space,, so I was wondering if it's even possible to grow my own in an unheated crawl space. I will have one grow lamp in a small growing tent. Thanks to anyone who can help! This board is a Godsend.

The plants don't care where you grow or how big the space is. If the conditions are not ideal you will not have ideal growth. You care because the bigger the space the easier it is to control.

But it wont be a big deal. So long as you have a speed controlled vent fan you can adjust to temps with the lights on. The problem is when there are no lights you may get cold and stunt growth. It wont kill the plants just increase time to harvest.
You could add a small floor standing heater that has a thermostat to maintain a minimum heat in there with lights off.

Then next thing that will be problematic is the humidity. That can also be handled automated with the right humidifier or I just use wet hand towels.

Be careful not to grow mold in your attic! Try to get your vent fan hose to go all the way to a rafter vent.

Good Luck!

The plants don't care where you grow or how big the space is. If the conditions are not ideal you will not have ideal growth. You care because the bigger the space the easier it is to control.

But it wont be a big deal. So long as you have a speed controlled vent fan you can adjust to temps with the lights on. The problem is when there are no lights you may get cold and stunt growth. It wont kill the plants just increase time to harvest.
You could add a small floor standing heater that has a thermostat to maintain a minimum heat in there with lights off.

Then next thing that will be problematic is the humidity. That can also be handled automated with the right humidifier or I just use wet hand towels.

Be careful not to grow mold in your attic! Try to get your vent fan hose to go all the way to a rafter vent.

Good Luck!

When I was in my basement, I used and oil filled heater with a thermostat. I set it for 65 degrees and it kept the room at the correct temp. I think it was about $60or $70 on Amazon. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom