How far from harvest do these look?

jokerlola

How far from harvest do these 2 plants look? The first 2 pictures are from an outdoor Silver Mountain clone. The second 2 pics are from an outdoor Monkey Berries.

S20211009_005.jpg

S20211009_006.jpg

S20211009_007.jpg

S20211009_008.jpg

I’d say a week or two, I’m seeing almost all milky trichs a little amber. They look very nice!
Yeah, I'm thinking 2 weeks. We are supposed to continue to have mild weather for the next 10 days except for some possible light rain this week but no hard frosts. At most, it's supposed to get down to a low of 33 on Thursday night and I can bring them inside for that and under the porch for the rain. I have one plant in the ground that I'm concerned about but I think my patio umbrella for the rain and covering during the low temp should protect her. She should be finished in 2 weeks as well.

How far from harvest do these 2 plants look? The first 2 pictures are from an outdoor Silver Mountain clone. The second 2 pics are from an outdoor Monkey Berries.

S20211009_005.jpg

S20211009_006.jpg

S20211009_007.jpg

S20211009_008.jpg
they are done, please post more pics showing flowers from a few inches away

do what you want but I SUGGEST HARVESTING RIGHT NOW OR AS SOON AS LIGHTS COME ON

they are done, please post more pics showing flowers from a few inches away

do what you want but I SUGGEST HARVESTING RIGHT NOW OR AS SOON AS LIGHTS COME ON
So you really think their done? These are outdoor plants. It doesn't show up well in these pics but I'm seeing a few more clear trichomes than I think there should be for harvest. That's why I'm thinking another 1 to 2 weeks. I will post more pics in a few.

Looked at trichomes again today. Pictures posted below. Noticed some spider mites on a few leaves and eggs and tiny worms I'm guessing is spider mite larva. Discovering these, should I take plant down now?

S20211011_007.jpg

S20211011_006.jpg

S20211011_005.jpg

S20211011_004.jpg

I would go ahead and take it down, no sense starting a new battle when the war has been won.
OK. We are heading for a cold spell in the next couple of days with temps going down to the low 30's and rain. I can bring the plant inside at night but with the mites, I don't know. I guess she's close enough to finishing. I harvested the plant she came off of last year on October 26th. Would it be OK to give her the 48 hrs of darkness before chop or just take her down and call it a day? So far my other plants show no signs of mites. They are 4 clones off this plant and 2 other plants of different strains.

I can't tell you if it is ok.... it seems to me like that would just give the mites a nice couple day party to web up your flowers : / My only experience with mites I freaked out, cut the branches off and dunked them in bleach lol ... I have a house full of houseplants and there is no way in heck I was lettin' those buggers get out of that room.

All I can say is what I would do. I guess in your circumstance, since shes already outside, you could just try hosing the mites off? They don't like that at all.

I had a late stage spider mite attack like this on my very first grow 3 years ago. It was more advanced than this but not to the stage of any webbing. I brought the plant to full term and after striping off all the leaves, I sprayed the plant down with the hose just before harvest. When I hung the branches to dry, you could still see mite crawling up the branches to get off the drying plant. They only attacked 1 plant out of my 5. My next 2 grows I had no mites. I wonder why cannabis attracts spider mites so much? I’ve grown vegetables and herbs for years and have never had an issue with them and then bam, the first cannabis plants I grow, I get spider mites!

I had a late stage spider mite attack like this on my very first grow 3 years ago. It was more advanced than this but not to the stage of any webbing. I brought the plant to full term and after striping off all the leaves, I sprayed the plant down with the hose just before harvest. When I hung the branches to dry, you could still see mite crawling up the branches to get off the drying plant.
This is an example of why I am always saying that the plants have to be sprayed 3 to 5 days in a row if the idea is to get rid of Mites. The can be hidden in the buds between all those little leaves and calyx parts. It is unlikely that most of us can get enough spray solution into the hidden areas on a bud to kill most of these insects with just one spraying session.

It is a lot of work and most likely the average grower feels that one thorough spraying has done the job so they wait a couple days, spray again and then question why they need to keep up some sort of schedule after that. Then a couple of weeks later they see mites again and say it is is a new infestation when it is probably just all the survivors of the one or two sprays reproducing and covering the plant once again.

They are real good at hiding in the buds.

I wonder why cannabis attracts spider mites so much? I’ve grown vegetables and herbs for years and have never had an issue with them and then bam, the first cannabis plants I grow, I get spider mites!
I don't know but I get the feeling that Cannabis has little natural defenses against the insects. Unlike some herbs and vegetables which repel these small insects naturally. I am thinking of of some of the cabbage family with their thick leaves. Maybe the Mites cannot dig into the thick leaves deep enough to extract whatever it is that they eat so they go to some other plant.

Plus some herbs seem to be naturals at discouraging Mites. I am thinking of the various Mint varieties. Plus Mint attracts pollinators which includes different kinds of bees and wasps. Some of the bees and wasps might be natural Mite predators so that would reduce the Mites in the area.

The Rosemary plant oil is used in some of the products for Mite control, especially those that are called 'organic'. It is supposed kill the insect and coat the eggs so the eggs die. I have 7 plants along the wall on the patio and about 12 Rosemary plants in front of them. No mites on my patio plants.

So we had unexpected rain today so all plants got very drenched by a steady, light rain. The rain's weight made 2 main stalks and 2 smaller stems to snap on tis plant. Since it was already wet, I took the opportunity to spray the plant off with the hose. I repaired the 2 main stalks with tape and splints and repaired one of the stems and harvested the other. I think I can get this plant to the best harvest window by next week.

I'm going to take her down now. Looking at the trichomes I think she's optimal on most buds and maybe slightly over ripe on a couple of others. I rinsed her all down after the unexpected rain drenched her I I don't see any signs of spider mites. I know there's some still there along with eggs so why let them recoup? We are going to have near freezing temps and rain for the next day and highs of only in the 50's the next days after that so I think now is the time. I will put her into 48 hrs of darkness and then chop, trim and hang.

S20211013_007.jpg

S20211013_005.jpg

S20211013_002.jpg

8630979E-7A3D-46D6-BF25-2B4AE8376B8A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom