How important is nitrogen during flowering

Hey everyone, thought I'd post some pics and ask advice again, as your input has been and is always valuable to me as a newb, my set up is maybe a little rustic but it's been working well, except for I don't have run off just the tub holding nutes in water and on the 3rd day I add some ph'd water (2-3ltrs) to bring levels down, then fourth day, cleaned out and fresh tub. My 600w led has been doing a good job I feel, and system works pretty well. Ok, so water and nutes don't seem to be the issue, as leaves are very healthy and no issues with anything so far. Yes I left it too late when I flipped and also didn't acquire the correct nutes for flower until the end of the actual first week of flowering, so extra growth occurred, and very rapidly, I have 2 screens in place now and am lol...using a lot of pipe cleaners to hold arms etc in place, from the side it all looks a bit scraggly, but on top, thickening up well and a nice fairly even height and spread, so, what do you guys all think, I can and will lift the light further as it all raises, and am hoping that if I continue how I am and will stay with feeding regime the way it is and increase bio diesel to 5ml/it and after next week will increase ppm to around 1300 -/+
20191118_145142.jpg
20191118_144628.jpg
20191118_144634.jpg
20191118_144700.jpg
20191118_145142.jpg
20191118_144628.jpg
20191118_144634.jpg
20191118_144700.jpg
20191118_145142.jpg
20191118_144628.jpg
20191118_144634.jpg
20191118_144700.jpg
then hopefully the cupboard will not get too full.. will touch base again in a couple of days. So by correct records I'm now on day 11 of flower, on track?
Fourthree out

Looks good - also loo
Nitrogen is necessary for chlorophyll.

If the plant does not need nitrogen in the flowering stage why does it pull nitrogen out of the older fan leaves.

To answer this question about why and where.

The fan leaves are a SINK of nutrients in their early to mid stages - meaning they are storing nutrients in the form of Chlorophyll.

Later in the fan leaves life they become SOURCES of nutrients. As chlorophyll begins to break down the plant resorbes the Nitrogen that is part of the the Chlorophyll and the leaf material that makes it green.

During the source process or senescence (leaves turning colors other that green) chlorophyll begins to break down and the plant will move the byproducts, one of them being Nitrogen and the other being several sugars among others like Potassium etc. These by-products of chlorophyll get translocated (moved from leaf to plant) to where the plant wants/needs them the most and that is the flowers in preparation for reproduction.

During this time, the plants roots begin slowing down their adsorption of minerals and nutrients from the soil. This is all harmonious dance that plant is playing out for us.

All this happens due to the PGRs in the leaves, shoots and roots.

PGR = plant growth regulator (aka hormones).

This is what I know to be how plants live. Its fascinating stuff for me to learn.

The Nitrogen resorption and senescence thing is modern biology. It's being studied now. Current stuff.

@fourthree - what strain is that?? Looks like Sativa?

You going to get another few packs of pipe cleaners? lol

They grow fast stretch a lot and will continue to do that well into flowering.

Your plants look great.

Looks good - also loo

To answer this question about why and where.

The fan leaves are a SINK of nutrients in their early to mid stages - meaning they are storing nutrients in the form of Chlorophyll.

Later in the fan leaves life they become SOURCES of nutrients. As chlorophyll begins to break down the plant resorbes the Nitrogen that is part of the the Chlorophyll and the leaf material that makes it green.

During the source process or senescence (leaves turning colors other that green) chlorophyll begins to break down and the plant will move the byproducts, one of them being Nitrogen and the other being several sugars among others like Potassium etc. These by-products of chlorophyll get translocated (moved from leaf to plant) to where the plant wants/needs them the most and that is the flowers in preparation for reproduction.

During this time, the plants roots begin slowing down their adsorption of minerals and nutrients from the soil. This is all harmonious dance that plant is playing out for us.

All this happens due to the PGRs in the leaves, shoots and roots.

PGR = plant growth regulator (aka hormones).

This is what I know to be how plants live. Its fascinating stuff for me to learn.

The Nitrogen resorption and senescence thing is modern biology. It's being studied now. Current stuff.
Good info!

Hey @bobrown14:ganjamon:, thanks.
im pretty sure its sativa yes....was just good bush i had kept seeds from in the past. im fully armed with pipe cleaners and ready to attack:yahoo: ha ha lol.... hey... what am i gonna do ....seriously.....i just have to keep bending them until i see this stretch stop....maybe another week+ of that stuff to go yet!:rofl: can only move my light about another 3" but this things gonna hit the roof the way its going.....im trying to keep my poker face on, but as im first timer....am i over thinking...once the lights at its highest point theres nothing else i can do.......except put in another screen annnnnd you guessed it "pipe" cleaners to assist me keep it pinned, what else can i do,what would you do @bobrown14 as always advice is most welcome.

thanks
fourthree:snowboating:

If you want add the net. Or just keep using the pipe cleaners. Use as many as you need to. But, if it keeps heading up you might have to Supercrop. It's so against everything you think, it freaks you out when you see it the first time, but it works and you might need it.
You can bend it 90° and it will live and just turn up again. Watch some you tube videos.

If you want add the net. Or just keep using the pipe cleaners. Use as many as you need to. But, if it keeps heading up you might have to Supercrop. It's so against everything you think, it freaks you out when you see it the first time, but it works and you might need it.
You can bend it 90° and it will live and just turn up again. Watch some you tube videos.

You can even put two 90° bends in a plant at the same time. I had to do this during my last grow during flower. The branches may split, but they will heal enough to get to harvest.

That was a good watch, chiro work was interesting, thanks Detektx I think that's what ima do will check it out tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom