how long till harvest? and flush now?

piabella

I know I have started so may threads for this grow but I am very excited about it, sorry.

How long should I wait? I know all about pistils and trichome things but I just want to know what you think. And should I flush now. I guess I need 2 weeks til harvest am I wrong cuz the buds getting fatter and fatter.

IMG_20130730_172302.jpg

IMG_20130730_172218.jpg

IMG_20130730_172127.jpg

IMG_20130730_172407.jpg

IMG_20130730_172350.jpg

IMG_20130730_172105.jpg

Everything is looking very good.

The last two weeks of the flowering stage are known as "Bud Swell" in a lot of the literature. This is due to the fact that the plant has stopped putting on new bud sites, and the existing bud sites are filling with trichomes and resin. If you harvest before bud swell, you will lose a lot of the weight during curing.

IMO, the length of the flush depends on the length of time spent in flowering. You are trying to remove excess nutes from the plant - the longer the plant is in flowering, the longer this will take. For a typical 8 week strain, a single week of flush seems to be good.

For a first grow, the best advice is to follow the flowering timelines given by the seed breeder. They are generally trying to give you the best advice, so that their plants look good when grown. They also, arguably, have the most experience growing this particular strain and should know how to optimize the plant's growth.

:goodluck:

actually I don't know the strain. It's a bag seed. It's been flowering for 39 days. one more thing, am I supposed to flush once a week then water as usual without nutrients or flush 2 or 3 times a week without watering. thank you for your quick response, appreciate.

That looks very good for 39 days.

I am not a soil guy... though I do understand most of it (I am a farmer by occupation - so I do understand soil). But I am not comfortable answering this question - hopefully someone else will come along and give some good advice.

Unless you have the world's shortest flowering strain, you still have at least two weeks before completion. Based on the looks of the plant, I would guess that it is a sativa / indica mix. These will typically take about 8 to ten weeks to complete - which would be another two to four weeks.

Based on these assumptions, I would say that you still have some time before flush.

thanks buddy. It's been taken good care for being the only child of mine ; ) In the end, I will wait sometime for sure.

Indoor soil grower... I base most everything on tricome color. With time, you will also take into consideration the overall look of the plant; fan leaf condition/appearance and "hair" color. peace

Back
Top Bottom