How many clones can I get from the bottom third of a eight week old plant?

Phillybonker

In my two previous grows I removed the two bottom pairs of branches from my plants early on when they are still only 3-4 weeks old because the bottom branches and buds just get wet and dirty outdoors and attract mold plus produce low quality buds.

Anyway, I was thinking that instead of removing the two bottom pairs of branches, I should let the plants grow to 8 weeks old then lollipop the bottom third of the plant and use the cuttings to make clones.

Now my question is - How many clones can I get from the bottom third of a 8 week old plant grown outdoors?

Now my question is - How many clones can I get from the bottom third of a 8 week old plant grown outdoors?
Sorry to say, but it is one of those questions with no set answer.

Depends on how big the plant is, how long the branches/stems are, whether several inches below the growing tip will be used for the cutting, or if the entire branch will be cut into several sections.

Sorry to say, but it is one of those questions with no set answer.

Depends on how big the plant is, how long the branches/stems are, whether several inches below the growing tip will be used for the cutting, or if the entire branch will be cut into several sections.

Yeah I thought it would be a tough one to answer. I guess I'll just have to find out myself this upcoming grow season.

Back
Top Bottom