Remove or not remove bottom set of branches?

Phillybonker

Info grow environment:

Outdoor grow
Ground/soil (Not potted)

Just transplanted into the ground a few days ago as well as topped at the same time. The seedlings will have been in the ground for one week when I next visit. The plants have five nodes at 4 weeks old (relatively small due to an unusual lack of sunny days for this time of the year).

I was thinking of removing the bottom set of branches because they don't get enough sun and I'd rather that energy go into branches higher up. I was suppose to remove the bottom set when they were smaller but changed my mind. I have changed my mind again and now want to remove the branches.

Will removing the bottom set of branches at this stage stress the plants out too much and effect their growing ability?

Will removing the bottom set of branches at this stage stress the plants out too much and effect their growing ability?
Probably not. However, since you did some topping at the time you transplanted it might be best to wait an additional week to let it recover from the transplanting and topping. That comes out to a 2 week rest and recovery period. After that the roots should be established to the point that you can do all kinds of things and the plant will just grow like crazy.

Probably not. However, since you did some topping at the time you transplanted it might be best to wait an additional week to let it recover from the transplanting and topping. That comes out to a 2 week rest and recovery period. After that the roots should be established to the point that you can do all kinds of things and the plant will just grow like crazy.
Okay thanks, I'll wait an extra week then whack off the bottom two.

I second this opinion... if you was looking for more confirmation, if not carry on my braddah.

Back
Top Bottom