Can I cut Bottom part

hightime58

Hey all you fellow beginners, My question is can I cut some of the bottom part of the plant to transfer some of the energy to the top of the plant where the buds are starting to come out I'm in the 3rd week of flowering and I have some branches that are just there and not producting nothing noticable,I've seen alot of pics where the bottom of the plant is bare and the top looks really tight with buds.I was wondering if this will help it grow better to get bigger and better buds if so can you explain it to me.I'd appreciate it .It's a AK-47

Some people swear buy it ! Cleaning up the lower branches etc, just don't do it all at once! Otherwise your plant could go into shock and stop growing for a while ...

Unless it's dead, don't cut it. Matter of fact don't cut, wait for it to fall off. This is especially important for any of the fan leaves, while they may not look all that exciting with all that budding going on, they are the ENGINES of your plants, the solar panels without which, can only slow progress, and reduced potency. All you need to concentrate on is water, light, nutes, and air circulation. Anything else is probably bullshit. KISS rules.

I am growing this AK-48 and several AK-hybrids and have not had to cut off lots of lower branches at all, just the scraggly small brush that will detract from progress upstairs. Just make sure you are cutting with clean siscors and not introducing sickness or bacteria.
:420::bravo: +Rep, Good Question!

Out of doors anyways, I never get rid of the bottom stuff unless there is a health concern...
Many times I harvest and I leave the smallest most whispy lil buds on the plants; I have left them as long as into the first week of Jan... what would have been no more than about an 1/8 of leafy scrawn turns into a number of ounces of bad ass tight purple nugs (if you get frost). Try this sometime w/outdoor stuff, you may be surprised, it's a win win since what you gambling w/is worthless in comparison to what you may gain!

Back
Top Bottom