Getting into the End

hightime58

Hello all you fellow growers my question is I'm into the 7 week of flowering and wondering if I can cut it in half so the bottom can finish flowering as the top has,sorry no camera shots yet will get one this week it's a AK-47 in soil using cfl's top part is coming out ok as for the buds ,but the bottom hasn't developed like the top so I was thinking of cutting it in half or the top part with the good stuff and let the bottom continue to produce. What will happen?? and are there any suggestions or advice have about 4weeks left trich are turning brownish on some but want to wait, and the other question is can a bud get to ripe??? please help, and thanks to all you growers:smokin:

High Hightime!

I am not sure I follow you completely but what I think what your asking about is a two part harvest. Is this correct? If so then yes You can harvest the top and let the bottom go longer till it matures. Results are varied but it can be done.

Chrome is right, yes you can cut the top half and let the bottom buds continue to finish out, and yes, buds can get too ripe and turn to crap, watch the trichs daily, if they are turning amber now I wouldnt go another 4 weeks, just MHO Peace!

Totally agree, i did this personally with an experiment last year. The plant was a simple BS sativa that did well, first I pollinated the top with dust from a blue mystic, waited about 4.5 weeks then divided it. Once it seemingly stabilized from the stress and the lower half began to flower I then pollinated the bottom with somango dust.
The funny part was in the shit actually working out and producing distinct hybrids, so yes you can definitely do this and explore, good luck on your ventures, cheers.

Sorry if you guys didn't understand totally what I was saying ,but you've guys answered my question.I think the reason was I was using cfl's, so I need to check the trichs I notice through 2 magnifling lenses some red hairs and brown will go to radio shack and pu a mini micro do I cut it above the small or under developed part or do I just cut the branches??? I was in a disp. the other day and saw a plant that was about 9" but it only had 2 buds but there were the size of a banana never saw that before.If you guy could answer where to cut or what but all the info you guys give is REALLY appreciate it and peace and good grow to all:Rasta:

use as few cuts as possible. the more cuts, the more spots for pathogens/mold to get a foothold.

The way I've done it and was taught to do it is this way. :

Check the trichs through out the plant. Then Chop what you see is a finished product. Then leave what is not. Now before you chop be sure to get a good flush. Then chop the tops.

After the tops have been cut down, thats when you want to start it up on the nutes again, but not a strong dosage. You must keep in mind that when you chop your goal is to flush all the chemicals out of the plants system. For this reason you MUST start out light on the nutes.

It will take about 2-3 week for other lowers to finish out. So plan accordingly, if you plan on 3 weeks then use nutes for 2 weeks, then give a good solid flush.

If you do accordingly you should have a good second harvest. Hope this helps you out with your endeavors.:)

diesel and butcher thanks for the info you've answered my questions to a tee and yes I understand about checking the trichs and not going by the hairs, because this was my first grow I wanted to make sure I don't pass the time for harvest. I still have about 3weeks left to complete the 60 days as for the clone was from a disp. and he told me that they finish about 60 ays but will check the trichs. I wish i had a camera to show you guys I'm very proud of her,ak47 ,mg soil and only molasses and epson salt, and egg shells only and cfl's but it looks as good as other's I've seen in here. Thanks again for the info:cool:

Back
Top Bottom