Can I clip the top half of my plant

killabud

hi.

i have a question to ask anyone who can help.

i have a very STINKY CHEESE plant thats around 1.5mtrs high and in full flower on 150W CFL on 12 hours night/day the top half is almost ready to be harvest but the bottom half is nowere near ready. so my issue is can i harvest the top half of the plant and let the bottom half still flower. also will there be a problem with flushing the plant then restart adding nuts.

please if anyone could help out he i would be very greatfull also i will soon post pics of plant

killabud

im a newbie here but ill take a shot at it. you should have no problems with taking the top half of the plant as its pretty common. i would think twice about restarting nutrients at all unless you are hydro and even then i would probibly just let them go without as its probibly only a week or 2 at most from harvest so best of luck:roorrip:

cheers for letting me know but the bottom half i would say has around another month of growing due to there size. at the moment the buds are not fit to smoke as they are the size of a new 5 pence "TINY"

perhaps i didnt get enough details.... how tall are they in feet? are you absoloutly sure the tops ready?? have you allready flushed for how long?

my cheese plant is just under 5ft tall the buds from top to halfway down i would say are the size of golf balls then as you just get past the halfway mark the buds are very very small the pistels on the top half are red/brown the other half the pistels are still white in colour witch say`s to me are not ready i am trying to upload some picture`s to give you a better idea on what i mean as soon as this has been done i will let you know.

plant has not been flushed yet but was looking on starting the flushing within the next few days

hi.

i have a question to ask anyone who can help.

i have a very STINKY CHEESE plant thats around 1.5mtrs high and in full flower on 150W CFL on 12 hours night/day the top half is almost ready to be harvest but the bottom half is nowere near ready. so my issue is can i harvest the top half of the plant and let the bottom half still flower. also will there be a problem with flushing the plant then restart adding nuts.

please if anyone could help out he i would be very greatfull also i will soon post pics of plant

My first grow of number 1 cheese skunk and not looking to bad.I have now uploaded 11 picture`s :cheer: so please take a look and please get back to me with any ideas that you might have.All suggestion`s / answer`s received would be grate :thanks: NO 1 CHEESE SKUNK

hmmm.... I think you let your plant get way to big. Your only growing with CFL's. The light could not penetrate your canopy which is why the lower branches appear to be airy and underdeveloped. Cutting the top and prolonging the flowering time on the rest of the plant will not necessarily make the bottom of the plant as good as the top. Prolonging flowering time will start to breakdown the trichomes and make your bud less potent. There is a window of opportunity when it comes to harvest (around 2 weeks). Too soon or too long and your bud will become less potent.

However, I'm a bit confused if this rule would pertain to underdeveloped buds as such in your case. I doubt your airy underdeveloped buds would all the sudden fatten up and become dense bud but who knows? I suggest you follow what McBudz said and see what happens. I would really appreciate a grow and smoke report comparison with the top and bottom of the plant in this thread in the future. You got me wondering if this technique will actually work. Good Luck!

the lower portion should swell a little bit and ripen slighly more hower i have to agree the window is very fine so take care to keep a close eye for any signs of stress or seeds

i would also agree that revegging is an option you will get good results if your patient if you look at my journal youll see that mine are reveg and they are healthy as can be and loks to be that ill yield at least twice as much good luck

I do it often with my own plants and never got any issues. Patience is not my better area haha

cheers for letting me know but the bottom half i would say has around another month of growing due to there size. at the moment the buds are not fit to smoke as they are the size of a new 5 pence "TINY"
You wont get much more growth in terms of overall size but when you chop the top half and drop the lights closer those smaller buds will get denser. If theres still fresh white pistles down there though you will see better growth

I know this is a little old.....However, I've over many years for indoor and outdoor taken multiple harvests off the one plant. Indoors maximum I've done is 3 and outdoor 5. I've never had a plant die. Definitely increases yield and quality throughout the entire harvest. I will say I do veg for longer than most, so have a large plant. I will say I never prune to get multiple main colas as they occur anyway with SCROG'ing. Some of the cola's that grow from the bottom are bigger and denser than the main. My main reason for doing this is so that I have enough to last me till next years grow. It also means I can leave all those first cut colas to cure for a longer time. I have recently finished a harvest and still have just enough from my last years harvest to see me through until some of the new lower stuff is cured. Smoking that well cured 12month of main cola is great! The bottom harvests usually cure faster and are smokable sooner as they are not as big or dense as the first harvest. Still damn fine though! :>)

I usually take about 3/4's of the plant and then feed for a 3-5 days and then flush again for about 5-7 days. Means I get about another 50% of the first harvest and the quality is there. If there is more lower immature buds, I do the same again. :>))

Back
Top Bottom