Need some advice - Finishing up on my first grow

Micheals2016

I'm wrapping up my first ever grow and I have a question, how much longer do you think I should give her? It's been 4 days since the photo. Big Bertha entered flowering August 1st and started showing bud sites august 8th. The seed bank says 7 to 8 weeks so right now we are at 7 weeks or 8 depending on how it's calculated. I have 3 plants, 2 have been already cut down and are drying and curing, Big Bertha is the last and I want her to be the best. Also the trichs are cloudy with very very few being amber, still has some clear ones also. The top half of the plant has all white hairs still, the bottom half has half white and half orange hairs.

Any advice?

20160924_175815.jpg
20160924_175802.jpg

A lot of the fan leaves at the middle of the plant have already went from green to yellow to purple. I've since chopped all fan leafs but a few, they're also starting the yellow to purple.

Also, I do have Big Bertha under a 1000 watt hps and she was sitting at about 10 inches from the bulb. Since I've chopped some leafs I decided to raise the light so it's 13 inches away.

Mate the weeks the seed bank say are for perfect optimal grows. Your still at the start of flower buddy. It looks great.
Ill watch on here and if you keep me updated along the way we will get a better finish date.
That plant will fill up with solid buds under 1000w. I recon at least 4 more wee ks bud

Are you using a flower nute. A little bit of the right stuff will stop your leaves wilting. They shouldnt go yellow untill the final wee ks mate

Welcome Michael (and Greenracer).

Close up of cola and trichs if possible would help. Or at least side view.

If trichs are cloudy and just starting to turn amber could be 2 weeks. Could be less. 4 weeks sound high to me, but is still possible. Only way to tell is to keep checking trichs daily.
Since you already have 2 drying, you can afford to push this one a little longer to see what you get. I cut too early on my first grow and wish I had waited. Only potential downside of waiting longer is you'll get more couchlock if you let it get mostly amber.

Great job for first grow. :high-five:

4 more weeks? Oh God. What makes you say 4 more?

I was using AN but because I was nearing finish I started using regular ph'd water

Hey King, thanks, I did put a little effort into her. First grow or not I expected a lot from her. :)

I can get a close up shot in a little bit, I will for sure post them when I can

If there is two weeks left or more than I really shouldn't have cut down the other 2 plants... God damn it. The other 2 had cloudy and clear trichs.... if I would have known they had another 3 weeks. Fml.

I'll move the light further away though, how much longer do you think she has? Should I resume another week of nutes or just continue with regular water that's ph'd?

They look good but can really fatten up over 2-3 more weeks. I'd give one more feeding this week to help her along, then just water.

And don't stress over chopping the others. It'll be less potent, so just use more. But it will be distinct high from what you get from this plant and next ones you grow. Probably better for daytime. Variety is the spice of life. Enjoy.

yea what Kingston said, but yea be careful with the feeding, she's not stretching anymore so the usual amount could burn her at this stage. I'd say another 4 weeks MAX, but it's dynamic and could be as little as 2 or 3 depending on the variables.

Nice looking plant though :bongrip:

Hey King,

Thanks for the advice, I'll give one more feeding on Friday, I feed about once a week. The other plants I've chopped, the high has been good, I've smoked it with a few people and they've all enjoyed it, some even got too high. XD.

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys, so pretty much there is another two weeks before she comes down. And to think, I was preparing to chop her yesterday.

After a look at the closer pics they are further along than i expected. Buds havent swelled at all yet though. Previously i said 4 weeks at least. After a close view i say 4 max. It definatly needs another week of feeding. On first grow its hard to go by trich colour. After my 6 th grow in my 40×zoom magnifier i still find it hard to notice when ready by trichomes.
Id wait till i notice those buds start to swell up.
Honestly you will be amazed because they will over double in size. Thats my opinion any hows.

Back
Top Bottom