How many is too many?

GummyBear

420 Member
I want to obtain this house that is in very very close proximity to mine. I would like to use the majority of the full basement as just my flowering room. With NOTHING plugged in and NOTHING running in the whole house (except for a table lamp running at night) plus everything I would have for my room which is 5 fans, 6 pumps and a carbon filter. How many 600w HID's could/should I run to not send any red flags? I have a # in my plans, just would like to get a little more input. Thanks

I forget the math but isn't it like one 600w light per 6ft x 6ft of growing area.

Also, you are going to want a few other things in there besides just one lamp. And, you'll want stuff on timers so it looks like your home. The electric bill shouldn't be a big issue if you are using that much electricity from day one. Then there isn't any huge jump in electric usage. It will stay constant.

The LEDs might not be a problem but if your right next door with another grow why not make them even and set up hps in both? As long as both houses isnt in your name you should be fine. All those HPS lamps your going to need a cooling system for each hood and air circulation threw there which will run up the bill more. Theres to much youll need for all those lamps that will also use up electricity. Also find out if your electricity runs off a smart meter.

No smart meter here. The other house won't be in my name nor the electric bill. How many are too many? I have no problem downsizing.

I say max maybe 4. But if you want half of your basement in use i would down size the wattage to 250w -400w and then maybe you can get away with more lamps. And i suggest that you get the compact lamps that has the ballast built in it. Each balast you buy separate also runs up your bill about 15%. So either I would split up the crop between the 2 houses are i would down size the wattage on each lamp and use 250w Then you can paybe get away with 6-8 lamps.

I'm in a non medical state. If I ran 4 in the empty house and let's say 2 more in my house along with the veg and T5. Sound good Wiz?

Yea that sounds about right. Hopefully you dont have to run anything else in the basement. If your planning on doin it so big then you might want to invest in a security cam put it on the other house. And i dont know if your electric company offers this but you can check your electric usage online so you know whats being used exactly. And that will let you know if you should cut down or not

I say you could run 5-6 easily since you are not running a bunch of other things. Probably more. It sounds like you are wanting to go big. If that's the case you should stay with the original idea of 600w HPS. The clf's do not have the power to penetrate and get decent yields. Also the heat from these in the summer can be vented if you get cool tubes or vented hoods.

15'x15' in mine. 18'x18' in the other. In my house I want a 10'x10' grow tent with 2 4'x8' ebb n flow tables in it for my veg.

Back
Top Bottom