How many wattage for one plant

cptbubblehash

im just starting to grow i have a growlab40 tent and im only going to be growing one plant just for now will expand after i get more experience under my belt im starting of with soil but i need to know how many lights and what kinda wattage i need to grow just one plant i want to go with a t5 as i have heard thats the best.. looking for something cheap and simple just to get me past my first harvest

here is the info for the growlab40 Size Size assembled: 1'4" x 1'4" x 3'11"
Square footage: 1.7 sq ft Cubic feet: 6.8 cu ft...... i know this a small grow tent but like i said im just growing one plant and im expanding after a while, i would really like to use t5's but as it being the t5's are no smaller then 2feet it makes it a tight fit im ok useing CFL's but not sure if it is going to make a big difference . bottom line im not sure what is the best light for this type of grow tent. just looking for a light that will get me past the first harvest.

ok well i know i want t5's but im looking for somthing cheap and simple i will be getting a bigger tent and light in a couple of months .. i found just a single t5 system for $25 but it has low wattage i heard 60watt is the lowest u want to go is that true or can i use somthing lower for the time being like a single t5

All i need to know is how low of wattage can i go as there are 100's of diffrent t5 lighting systems if i had the money i would be growing more then just one plant and i would not have this issue with lighting

If you can afford an LED that is what I would suggest. What is your budget, grow style (soil-hydro), are you going from seeds or clone? Lots of information needed to provide you with a good answer. You will want to go with a strain that will remain fairly short and provide you with a decent yield.

thank you stevehman... im going with soil for now and im going to go with a seed the strain im going with is blue mistic. i want to stick with t5 because cfl just puts off high heat and i would have to spend more money on a good fan and ventilation so might as well stick with something low heat dont have the money for led i know that.. i have a t5 system i want but its going to run me $80 just wondering if there is something cheaper .. i just want to get past my first harvest until i have enough to get a good t5 system....

thank you stevehman... im going with soil for now and im going to go with a seed the strain im going with is blue mistic. i want to stick with t5 because cfl just puts off high heat and i would have to spend more money on a good fan and ventilation so might as well stick with something low heat dont have the money for led i know that.. i have a t5 system i want but its going to run me $80 just wondering if there is something cheaper .. i just want to get past my first harvest until i have enough to get a good t5 system....

Who told you cfls were hot...i have a 105w i can hold in my hand lit all day..

You can use CFLs as well. I made a fixture out of PVC that you could use for your space. Cheap, easy, adjustable DIY light fixture

It's highly configurable and cheap, put 4~6 CFLs in there and you should be golden, less than $20 for the entire setup.

And as Miwa said, CFLs aren't that hot. T5's put out about the same amount.

Back
Top Bottom