How often should I feed using GH Flora Series on plants in a soil(non-hydro) mixture?

lovebud018

My plants are rooted in soil, Im not doing hydroponics, and I'm unsure how often to feed them using the GH Flora series. Should I feed them the nutes every time they need watering and just use plain water (no nutes) once a week, or should I feed them the nutes once a week and use plain water in between nutrient feeds? Please help, any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: How often should I feed using GH Flora Series on plants in a soil(non-hydro) mixt

my first batch of nutes i bought, and first couple of grows, were in soil, using gh flora 3 part as well.

for a small plant i would add about 1/2 str nutes to a gallon of water, and feed, then next time, plain water, then next time the nutes, next time water, next time nutes, then next time, lots of water to flush out the soil and repeat.

once the plants got bigger, i would use 3/4 str.

good luck :)

Re: How often should I feed using GH Flora Series on plants in a soil(non-hydro) mixt

I also use GH for my nutes, on my soil and hydro. For soil I usually do a feed water water schedule. So if I feed on monday, Generally 2-3 days later its time to water, I do 2 watering to every feeding and have had great results and you don't waste nutes, or risk damageing your girls from burn. Start with a light dose, maybe 1/4 to 1/2 strength start, and bump it up each feeding until you find the strains top out point. I now know that my cherry berry soils like to get to about 1600-1700 ppm for max nutes, while my L$D strain will take up to 2250 ppm. I work it up from 1/4 strength start to these numbers, so my last 2 feedings will be max strenth if not the last 3. Just keep an eye out for signs of nute burn, with soil you can generally see it start and give a light flush if it burns em, should pop em right back into shape.
Datrippp

i'v heard of lots of people using feed-water-water as well with great success.

thats what i started with then, moved to feed-water-feed-water and didnt see a burn, so i kept up with that, however, every strain is different

so, lovebud, do whatever you feel comfortable with, and thinking more about it, i think you should follow datrippp's advice, and then move up to what i said if you feel they can handle more.

i will stress that if you do what i said, to do the flush at least once every 2 weeks just to make sure you're not getting salt buildup, or any unwanted leftover nutes that the plant doesnt want to use at the time.

cheers :)

Awesome advice from the both of you, much appreciated! I will start with 1/4 strength and work my way up. I'll see what happens :thanks:

hey guys i need help i have flora 3 part general hydroponic but its for soil can someone help me for dosages and feeding schedules thx in advance im dying here

Back
Top Bottom