How to Build a Batch of Soil?

Gitane

I've got about 25 cubic feet of used Edna's Best Potting from the last few grows. I assume all nutrients are depleted. I used organic fertilizers during the grows (Earth Juice).
Per Edna: "contains Aged Fir Bark, Sphagnum Peat Moss, Aged Redwood, Volcanic Pumice, Earthworm Castings, Washed Sand, Kelp Meal, Bat Guano, Feather Meal, Gypsum and Mycorrhizae.Oyster Shell Lime and Dolomite Lime are added as pH adjusters. A natural wetting agent, Yucca shidegera saponin, has been added to help remoisten the product."
What additives and in what amounts should I use per gallon of this used soil. (worm castings, dolomite lime, nitrogen source, etc)
Or should I just continue to buy new bags each year?

Actually, now you might have a perfect soil for cannabis, so I wouldn't use anything in the first place.

some minerals (rocks, rock powders) and ewc would probably be good.

I agree with 'Dino, you probably do not need more organic material or nutrient from it.

You might cut in some fresh Pro-mix or something if the soil is already hot, it very well may be.

thanks, I'll do that. But I don't think the soil is hot as I'd always added in additional nutrients and never got any signs of burning.

My advice is add 6 tbs of lime and 4 tbs of EWC per gallon and leave the rest! It's hard to burn in organics which doesn't mean you're not putting too much stuff! If you exceed potassium levels of 150 ppm you're gonna decrease calcium and magnesium uptake significantly. If you put too much phosophorus and you don't inoculate on the top it's not gonna do shit for your plants. If you put too much slow releasing nitrogen you totally lose control over its uptake as plant likes nitrates fed occasionally and with smaller amounts. You also have to think about all the minerals cannabis needs on the top of it and how to make them available in the best way, and here you just have to team with microbes and funghi.

Got it. Much thanks! The ppm part is way above my pay grade, but I've realized this soil's ph has been out of range for proper uptake of magnesium.. So this year I've supplemental the soil with lime, (at about 2 tbsp / gal.) and I haven't seen the problem. But I'll up it. What about the some minerals as suggested by BrixKlinger?

Minerals always come in handy.

Thanks. Here is what I used.
IMG_239612.JPG

Back
Top Bottom