How to deal with runoff water in 10 gallon smart pot

Anything to raise it is better than not raising it all, however you want to use something that's as free flowing as possible like a grate, rack, so that as much air as possible reaches the surface of the pot bottom.
I grow two plants and fill up a SCROG in a 2.5' x 5' space.
20170503_084900.jpg

i raised it with 3 small bricks. it cost 2.50$ at my local hardware store
yep youre right, i only use smart pots and/or airpots.

Hey guys can i get a few ideas on how to deal with runoff?
like is there a do it yourself solution to raising the plant above my saucer or should i try a small shop vac?
i dont have a shop vac yet id have to buy one and trying to spend as little money as possible, im regretting using a pot this big, the plant is very heavy after watering and i have just been letting it reabsorb the waste water within a day or two
i use a fluid pump from an auto store like autozone. they’re meant for fluids in vehicles but they work just as good. one end goes right into a jug and the other in the water and wala

gro Pro NX level pot elevators $ 2.30 I found a place out in Arizona with free shipping & no tax it took a few minutes to find tho.

If you go to the big box home improvement store, in the appliance dept. they have a big tray that is made for installing under a washing machine.
It has ridges to keep your containers up out of pooling water and also a fitting on the lip where you can connect a drain of PVC. They come in 2 sizes. I use the larger.

i have this for watering too lol had it a couple weeks now
531D8D9D-E6D0-438D-B737-9C1E270E910E.jpeg

taken back then.
lovelyy

I have one too, but retired it. I used it to drain the trays. It wouldn't get all the water, leaving about 1/4" (6mm). The impeller on it soon became loose on the shaft. That's why I'm now using self-priming diaphragm and gear pumps.

yeah it was only cheap, and i only use it for feeding out of the bucket. i drain the last bits into a jug and chuck in so try always to keep submerged.
i thought about trying to find like an aquarium pump with small hose to use for draining away, found this and seemed a failsafe tool lol

Back
Top Bottom