How to get bigger buds

Was looking into a mars 1000watt not sure wich one it was but wasnt happy with the actual wattage. And on that note does that formula of wattage predict yield apply LEDs. Almost everything else is different from hps or mh when compared to LEDs

The number I normally go by is .65 grams per watt drawn, then start to improve from there, i am on my first grow with the mars hydro tsw 2000w so I can't confirm or deny it

Ok so in the description at barney farms it says like 400 grams per m². But on average i get like 30 to 40 grams. On some grows ive looked into same strains theyvseem to be pulling close to that weight. And to me it seems that tjey jave mor to give im just lacking some where. So im doing manual hydro in coco. Fox farms dirty dozen minus thr Grow big replaced with gringo rasta super sonic and calmag. Ph it as close to 6 as i can get with the color charts. Have 600 and 300 watt viparspectra. But still feel like it needs more light. I put a clone out side this season. Didnt get to big but comparing it to the on foor same strain i could see a big difference in bud size and density. And the oit door plant was treated like crap cause was un able to visit regularly. So wondering where i could be missing at.
I have Viparspectras and I have QB's; you need more light. This is what 2 QB's with 7 gallon bags of FFOF with Kelp4Less nutes can do with GG#4

Attachments

• agg.jpg
    agg.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 32
Nice set up though but trust me when i say the heat is to much this is the temp now with ac full blast. Would be unbearable other wise. Maybe if i was more north.
the ac is your house ac?
or just for the tent

do you have any ventilation in there or just fans?

I wish it were that easy but we hit 100 temps where im from regularly. The ac is more for my health than the plants i domt thinkn a6 inch fan and exaust will do anything. Not try to doubt your coanditions but i asure you not even i could live in the room with a fan and exaust alone humidity is almost always high also any thing out doors will suffer and bud rot is common the omly results i liked from out foors was that the buds were fuller but when i opend them up bud rot all through it wasnt even smokable but the buds were still bigger denser than my indoors
Consider we hit 100 degree temps 6 ton8 month out of the year. With high humidity i dont think so animals and people die from the heat here every year i dont think my plants would fair well.
The only way I can cool my 4x2 veg tent with the 2 300R's and the 450PAR is with 6 inch iPower inline fans. The plastic 4 inch ones did not even come close. Viparspectras do put out a lot of heat.

My approach, would be to improve all aspects of your environment. You’ve got room in every category. Through your money at the QB boards imo, but choose the right spectrum. Great lighting is half the battle. Understand your genetics and plants needs is next. GG4 is not going to produce massive colas like a kush will. The same applies to most cookies...
I’ve learned that you get out, what you put in. There is just no way around it.
Low quality in = Low quality out
But your already gaining invaluable experience growing, so you’ll be able to recognize improvements or adverse reactions with anything you change.

If your on a bit of a budget, take a look at the mars ts 1000. It's a good starter quantum board with fair coverage

i might be wrong but i don't think the new mars boards are actually quantum boards.

Edit: i was wrong. i guess people are saying that because they're not samsung diodes? idk.

They are a similar style to the QBs. Wider diode spacing, full spectrum, better heat management with similar parts, so I dubbed the a quantum board. Hlg is just way too expensive
HLG is not the only supplier of QB's. They may be the Gold Standard but they are also the most costly.

Alibaba has basically the same QB's the hlg has at a much better price. Yes you do have to assemble and if something goes wrong that couod be an issue. But I was looking at one that had 4 QB's and one big mean well with shipping it was around $330. That light from hlg was more than double that if I remember correctly. And if you like COB lights I found some nice ones for half what they want here locally.
But like others have said QB's would help and be a cooler option.

Back
Top Bottom