How to get bigger buds

Wil4204life

420 Member
Ive ran quite a few a
Harvest now been at it for over a year. Gorilla Glue#4 has been alve the whole time. Just finishe with my second harvest on tangerine dream,ayahuasca purple and vanilla kush from barney farms. All great plants. Bit even with all the things ive learned i still feel my buds could be bigger. I usually get between 30 and 50 grams a plant. Four girls in a 3x3x72. I was thinking mot enough light but not sure.

Attachments

• 20191103_081313.jpg
    20191103_081313.jpg
    698 KB · Views: 92
  • 20191103_081224.jpg
    20191103_081224.jpg
    500.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 20191103_081220.jpg
    20191103_081220.jpg
    717.8 KB · Views: 97
the quality looks really good.

there are a lot of factors going into overall yield.
nutes, light, veg time, and pot size all play an integral role.
space restrictions also factor large.

the biggest single factor is genetics.

in a 3 x 3 x 72 the yield you cite doesn't seem out of the norm. seems pretty good to me.
there is only so much canopy that can fit into X space.

forgot to ask what you are running for light..

Ok so in the description at barney farms it says like 400 grams per m². But on average i get like 30 to 40 grams. On some grows ive looked into same strains theyvseem to be pulling close to that weight. And to me it seems that tjey jave mor to give im just lacking some where. So im doing manual hydro in coco. Fox farms dirty dozen minus thr Grow big replaced with gringo rasta super sonic and calmag. Ph it as close to 6 as i can get with the color charts. Have 600 and 300 watt viparspectra. But still feel like it needs more light. I put a clone out side this season. Didnt get to big but comparing it to the on foor same strain i could see a big difference in bud size and density. And the oit door plant was treated like crap cause was un able to visit regularly. So wondering where i could be missing at.

So I roughly count a 3x3 space as 1m squared. Your pulling 120ish grams in that space. Could be alot of different things affecting your yields. Lights do have a huge effect on it, what is the power draw on those lights, they are better at accurately determining the yield. Other things are things like soil, ph, temperature, humidity, over watering ,derwatering, length of time in veg, if you're doing a scrog, lollipopping. If every thing I mentioned is dialed in properly you can hit that max yield number.

Keep tuning it and your start improving your yield

Ok so in the description at barney farms it says like 400 grams per m².

never go by seed supplier claims. you'd need to replicate perfect conditions and have a master grower over seeing everything full time.

im doing manual hydro in coco. Fox farms dirty dozen minus thr Grow big replaced with gringo rasta super sonic and calmag. Ph it as close to 6 as i can get with the color charts.

ph may be a bit high. you have great results tho.
good job doing it on ph strips.

Have 600 and 300 watt viparspectra. But still feel like it needs more light.

this is probably the easiest to address, and the costliest.

those lights aren't going to draw near that power.
i'm running 600 watts of real draw cob in a space just a bit bigger.
this would be the first thing to positively affect yield.

Ive ran quite a few a
Harvest now been at it for over a year. Gorilla Glue#4 has been alve the whole time. Just finishe with my second harvest on tangerine dream,ayahuasca purple and vanilla kush from barney farms. All great plants. Bit even with all the things ive learned i still feel my buds could be bigger. I usually get between 30 and 50 grams a plant. Four girls in a 3x3x72. I was thinking mot enough light but not sure.
stop using leds
get a 600w hortilux super hps

Im gonna get it right eventually. No going backwords. I would be happy with 60 to 70 grams. Thats where i feel i should be. So funny thing is i never keep track of my grows i just mark flower starts. Lol stupid i kmow starting a log book to keep notes daye and feeding schedule. Hopefully i can zero in on the deficiency and correct it.

never go by seed supplier claims. you'd need to replicate perfect conditions and have a master grower over seeing everything full time.

ph may be a bit high. you have great results tho.
good job doing it on ph strips.

this is probably the easiest to address, and the costliest.

those lights aren't going to draw near that power.
i'm running 600 watts of real draw cob in a space just a bit bigger.
this would be the first thing to positively affect yield.
stop using leds
I
stop using leds
Cant use hps to hot as is the ac i use only brings temps down to around 85 during the middle of the day 69 at night,with hps like ,100 degree even with ac.(it gets hot where im fromin shorts and tshirt now. Ive had solid results for last 18 months with LED just some many things to look into ti find the right ones

I
Cant use hps to hot as is the ac i use only brings temps down to around 85 during the middle of the day 69 at night,with hps like ,100 degree even with ac.(it gets hot where im fromin shorts and tshirt now. Ive had solid results for last 18 months with LED just some many things to look into ti find the right ones

I guess if you think that is solid results

I dont know what your space is like, but if its a tent,
all you need to cool that with a 600w hps is a 6inch fan and an extraction filter, maybe hooked up to a cool hood and passive intake,
but a 4 inch intake fan would keep it very cool
1572802946394.png

that setup stays 21C the same as the room its in

using an ac is silly,

hps is solid.
they are almost banning the bulbs here tho. they have to be energy approved . hydro shops have stopped carrying them, but are allowed to sell off current stock.
got rid of the tech here when the internet was the last place to get them.

hps is solid.
they are almost banning the bulbs here tho. they have to be energy approved . hydro shops have stopped carrying them, but are allowed to sell off current stock.
got rid of the tech here when the internet was the last place to get them.
as a Canadian I can tell you, not only is that untrue, it would be legally impossible to enforce.

all you need to cool that with a 600w hps is a 6inch fan and an extraction filter, maybe hooked up to a cool hood and passive intake,
1572802946394.png

using an ac is silly,
I wish it were that easy but we hit 100 temps where im from regularly. The ac is more for my health than the plants i domt thinkn a6 inch fan and exaust will do anything. Not try to doubt your coanditions but i asure you not even i could live in the room with a fan and exaust alone humidity is almost always high also any thing out doors will suffer and bud rot is common the omly results i liked from out foors was that the buds were fuller but when i opend them up bud rot all through it wasnt even smokable but the buds were still bigger denser than my indoors

1572802946394.png

using an ac is silly,
Consider we hit 100 degree temps 6 ton8 month out of the year. With high humidity i dont think so animals and people die from the heat here every year i dont think my plants would fair well.

I wish it were that easy but we hit 100 temps where im from regularly. The ac is more for my health than the plants i domt thinkn a6 inch fan and exaust will do anything. Not try to doubt your coanditions but i asure you not even i could live in the room with a fan and exaust alone humidity is almost always high also any thing out doors will suffer and bud rot is common the omly results i liked from out foors was that the buds were fuller but when i opend them up bud rot all through it wasnt even smokable but the buds were still bigger denser than my indoors
Consider we hit 100 degree temps 6 ton8 month out of the year. With high humidity i dont think so animals and people die from the heat here every year i dont think my plants would fair well.
Nice set up though but trust me when i say the heat is to much this is the temp now with ac full blast. Would be unbearable other wise. Maybe if i was more north.

Attachments

• 20191103_122415.jpg
    20191103_122415.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
  • 20191103_122410.jpg
    20191103_122410.jpg
    912.6 KB · Views: 68
if you're gonna change up your lights but worried about heat, quantum boards are the best route for you. I use cob / leds and love them although will be happy to switch to qb's one day.

if you're gonna change up your lights but worried about heat, quantum boards are the best route for you. I use cob / leds and love them although will be happy to switch to qb's one day.n he pads
Been looking into quantum and cob lights but on a budget so one step at a time maybe santa will need some bud when he passes through this year

If your on a bit of a budget, take a look at the mars ts 1000. It's a good starter quantum board with fair coverage
Was looking into a mars 1000watt not sure wich one it was but wasnt happy with the actual wattage. And on that note does that formula of wattage predict yield apply LEDs. Almost everything else is different from hps or mh when compared to LEDs

Back
Top Bottom