How to use new hood

tokersmokeg

kay so i bought a htg 400w from a friend for a super deal,i bought an air cooled hood for it but the cord is not removeable on the 400w htg magnetic ballast, do i have to rewire it inside the ballast?or should i remove the mogul base the bulb sits on and transfer it to the air cooled hood?thanks!!

Let me see if I have this right. Your ballast is a hood ballast combo, correct? If so I imagine that you can wire in a receptacle that matches your hood. Or you could remove the internals of the ballast and mount them in a electrical box. Then wire in a receptacle on that box that matches your lamp cord. BUT, if your not sure what you are doing, stop!

i have a good bit of wiring skills,i always tackle diy electrical stuff.i knew the answer would be to match the wiring or remove the ballast cover and hard wire.thought maybe someone would see it that has ran into this issue and could make things a little easier.either way i wouldnt burn my ballast or house down.im going to see if i can remove the base the bulb screws into and try to see if i can use the original base the bulb scews into with new hood. will report back when i get it working with pics for future knowledge.

okay didnt have a camera handy when i tackled it but it was very easy.i unscewed the access cover to the original cheapo htg reflector then found three wires one black one white one green. i disconnected the wires and put them back same as they came off.

Back
Top Bottom