Room vs light

Oldsmoker1960

my last post, should i keep them or pull them you said looks good. ? is. my grow room is 8 feet by 5 feet 7 feet tall, i have one 400w mh/hps convertible remote ballast, 6in cooling hood, 435 cfm blower. i have my hood on chains to rise and lower. thinking of getting 600w ballast and bulb, and go 400w mh in veg, 600w hps in flower, this would be easy, unplug the hood from the 400w ballast plug into the 600w ballast and change a bulb. i have to order more soil to transplant into bigger pots. i also orderd a Mil600ph tester to work on my ph, well enough said thanks.

Effective lighting on a 400w is about 4x4 or abit less.if i had an 8 foot room i would put the 400 on a rail.spread my plants out to get more light to them.If heats not a problem hang another 400.another option if you are taking down the 400 the get a 1000 you will like it much better then the 600 and you have 7 foot of head room.

I'd go with 2 600W over (1) 1000W. They cover more area and they can be lowered closer to the canopy because they generate less heat. IMO 600W HPS are the most bang for ur buck. Never dealt with a light mover. I heard they can be very effective tho. Are U dividing the 8x5 space to separate one part for bloom and the other for flower? I still wanna see ur last post.

With a mover you can have a 1000w 6 inches above your plant get more light pen that way more then a 2 600, also movers are said to increase your coverage to act like more wattage so a 1000w is like having a 1200w.so his 400 would be like a 500 on a rail and he can lower his light to the top of the plants getting full use of the low wattage. for more light pen.faster growth and less chance of burn.

SANY01671.JPG
SANY01661.JPG
SANY01651.JPG
SANY01641.JPG

SANY0163.JPG
I will try again will not give up.................................

Nice looking set up. To answer ur question
what do i do better grow weed or work on this fuckin thing
Consider growing better meds 1st and turning some around to get exactly what u want. That is if ur ballast doesn't present a threat of failure as PitViper spoke of earlier.

Used soil isn't really recommended. There is a journal active I believe where a grower used recycle soil with amendments. I can't think of the member's name. I don't recommend resuing potting soil, but if u do I would think that U need nutes from jump especially if the prior plant was in longer than a month.U also should consider that there are nutrient salts more than likely built up in the soil already which can complicate things later on down the line. Are the old roots stil in the soil? If so u will almost definitely have root issues as they decay. Good luck 2 u bro.

Back
Top Bottom