600W with big kahuna in 48x48x78 grow tent?

RollinKron

i am in the market for a 600w digital greenhouse dimmable ballast from htg. will be getting the hortilux super hps rated at 85000 lumens, and a big kahuna reflector. my concerns are is the reflector to big for the tent size kahuna measures 33x27x8in and my box is 48x48x78. is this to big or what should i go for instead. also can anyone reccommend a fan to cool the bulb/hood reasonably priced, and a filter/ scrubber to send stink out of the tent and room to the outdoors.

Thanks for all your help in advanced and happy toking fellow stoners
:thanks:

Also how am I looking on total watts over the area in the tent and is the lumens optimal for great weeds? How many plants could be flowerd

Re: 600W with big kahuna in 48x48x78 grow tent??

Lumens per square foot:

Minimum amount of lighting needed is around 2000 lumens per square foot.
Mid range is around 5000 lumens per square foot.
Optimal is 7000-7500, or higher, lumens per square foot.

Watts per square foot (wattage per sq ft WILL vary by light source):

Minimum wattage per sq ft.: 30w
Mid Range wattage per sq ft.: 50w
Optimal Range wattage per sq ft.: 50-80w

To determine how many lumens per square foot you have also works for watts.

Find out the square footage of your space.
Width x Depth = Square feet. Divide the lumens available by your square footage.
This will give you lumens per square foot.

Example: Say your space is 3 feet deep by 4 feet wide, 12 square feet. The total lumens available from your light(s) is 45000 lumens. 45000/12 = 3750 lumens per square foot.

The tent is really 48in by48. So it's 2x2 feet four square feet. How many plants could I flower in this space with the equiptment given

Re: 600W with big kahuna in 48x48x78 grow tent??

The tent is really 48in by48. So it's 2x2 feet four square feet. How many plants could I flower in this space with the equiptment given

I'm not sure how you come to that figue ?

12'' (inch) to 1' (foot)

So you have a 4' by 4' tent - total area 16 square foot of growing space.

600w bulb 85000 lumen as stated above some where.

5312 lumens per square foot.
37 watts per square foot.

Total plants for tent depends on growing style & plant size/strain.

• SOG - 1 plant per square foot.
  • Small bushy strains, LST trained plants 1 plant per 18'' (inch square) aprox.

Mmm well back to the reflector, ye its a tight fit as you only have 7 & half inchs either side for ducting to be attached to reflector... ye it could work but its tight as.

Looking at another reflector still good sized but it's gonna give me a lot more room than the kahuna. Ordering it all tomorrow and will list it for u guys then

I've got two jellybeans germing and I have one super silver haze? Possibly super Cali because it's got a lot of purple already. Wasn't sure of strain when I was smoking it but I am more anxious about the jellybean it's truely awsome smoke

I am thinking of doing a sea of green style grow with a mother of jellybean and super Cali haze. Any advice on when to clone and how often I should havest clone and cycle the plants in the budding chamber. Thanks bros!!$$

Is discount hydro a shithole? I haven't got any updates about my order. Very anxious I have a lumatek 600w, baddass bulb hps by adv. nutrients, and a radiant air 6 reflector coming

I've got two jellybeans germing and I have one super silver haze? Possibly super Cali because it's got a lot of purple already. Wasn't sure of strain when I was smoking it but I am more anxious about the jellybean it's truely awsome smoke

I am thinking of doing a sea of green style grow with a mother of jellybean and super Cali haze. Any advice on when to clone and how often I should havest clone and cycle the plants in the budding chamber. Thanks bros!!$$

'ello sir. I've taken cuttings in budding, don't like to though. I'd do it in veg if can. Your cycle is always based on your space and the size of the pots your using. There is someone on here who did a bunch of little cuttings in like soda cans I think... Tons of people are doing 2L bottle stuff. Shittons of cuttings. It's pretty amazing. I always heard that plants are usually ready to give more cuttings in ~ 2 weeks.

Good luck! I've heard good things about 'bean. And who doesn't love a good haze!? :high-five:

So a smaller plant in small pots will finish quicker depending on strain? I'm goin for one plant per square foot. What do you think It could produce 600w baddass bulb lumatek ballast and hydrofarm radiant 6 reflector. Bulb is rated 90000 lumens

So a smaller plant in small pots will finish quicker depending on strain? I'm goin for one plant per square foot. What do you think It could produce 600w baddass bulb lumatek ballast and hydrofarm radiant 6 reflector. Bulb is rated 90000 lumens

I don't think pot size effects flowering term... But could be wrong. I'm still fairly new at this game :) You can fit more in, and if your doing it "SOGgy" style, you can get it where you harvest every two weeks or whatever is good for you.

Not too sure what you can cover with a 600... Prolly at least four-five square feet. If you want to see a grow running a 600 also, to get an idea... Check out my friend SiscoKid Hempy Kush 400w HPS

I know it says 400, but he is running a 600 now currently. I like to play in dirt myself, so I don't do the hempy thing...

I originally came in here (your thread) thinking you were growing a strain called Big Kahuna... :) I'm always on the lookout for fellow 'local' growers, especially if they are playing with 'local' genetics :)

I don't think pot size effects flowering term... But could be wrong. I'm still fairly new at this game :) You can fit more in, and if your doing it "SOGgy" style, you can get it where you harvest every two weeks or whatever is good for you.

Not too sure what you can cover with a 600... Prolly at least four-five square feet. If you want to see a grow running a 600 also, to get an idea... Check out my friend SiscoKid Hempy Kush 400w HPS

I know it says 400, but he is running a 600 now currently. I like to play in dirt myself, so I don't do the hempy thing...

I originally came in here (your thread) thinking you were growing a strain called Big Kahuna... :) I'm always on the lookout for fellow 'local' growers, especially if they are playing with 'local' genetics :)

i got a 600 watt big kahuna hood in my 4 x 4 x80 tent yes the fit is very tight but it works great and it gives a bit more space on my walls

Back
Top Bottom