How would I contact an administrator about a sponsor?

JJambo

Need to contact and administrator. Not sure if in right forum. Will give more details to admin.

Here is the updated parts list that is still needed to fix my xml 650 light.

5 single 10 watt cree led chips.

Simple.

Here is how I came to this conclusion. This story will also be posted on the 420 magazine forums.

First lets look at a front view of the light with the LEDs on.

1547241447517.png

Those dim lights you see are leds failing. With less than 5,000 hours of use. The light is also on it's own circuit to negate surges. Ex: having a chiller and light together on same circuit. Compressor kicks on, light gets dim, compressor off, quick flash.

Now let's make this into a crude schematic/drawing of the light layout.

1547241447683.png

The dot's represent the 10 watt cree leds. The connecting lines are 3 chip led strip sets. Single dots are single leds. The colors represent the brightness/condition of the leds. Yellow very bright, black very dim, orange dim. I only have 2 3-strip leds with a bad diode in each. So now I have and extra 3 strip that wasn't needed.

Now let's take a look at the chips close up. I was told that most of the leds looked fine. Only 4 or 5 are burnt out. I counted 9.

Led # 3 (part of 3-strip)

1547241447809.png

This is the beginning stage of failure. Bubbles and cracks are forming from within.

Led # 7 (single chip)

1547241447911.png

More advanced stage of failure. Looks like bubbles inside of a bubble. Kind of like when you blow through a straw in a glass of milk.

Led # 9 (part of 3-strip)

1547241448049.png

The yellow chip is no longer visible. Dark amber color. This isn't even the worst one yet. Let's keep going.

Hi,
Sorry for your misfortune with the light.
You need to contact the company that sold you the light though, it is their responsibility to help and clear out.
Admins here are for forum related issues not technical problems on grow gear.
I hope you get everything sorted out in a civil manner.
Our sponsors are known to have excellent customer service, provided you have treated their products in the correct way :hug:

Led # 13 (single chip)

1547241557880.png

Amber color. No visible chip. Let's keep going.

Led # 14 (single chip)

1547241558019.png

Probably the worst chip. Black and very dim.

Led # 21 (single chip)

1547241447517.png

Those dim lights you see are leds failing. With less than 5,000 hours of use. The light is also on it's own circuit to negate surges. Ex: having a chiller and light together on same circuit. Compressor kicks on, light gets dim, compressor off, quick flash.

Now let's make this into a crude schematic/drawing of the light layout.

1547241447683.png

The dot's represent the 10 watt cree leds. The connecting lines are 3 chip led strip sets. Single dots are single leds. The colors represent the brightness/condition of the leds. Yellow very bright, black very dim, orange dim. I only have 2 3-strip leds with a bad diode in each. So now I have and extra 3 strip that wasn't needed.

Now let's take a look at the chips close up. I was told that most of the leds looked fine. Only 4 or 5 are burnt out. I counted 9.

Led # 3 (part of 3-strip)

1547241447809.png

This is the beginning stage of failure. Bubbles and cracks are forming from within.

Led # 7 (single chip)

1547241447911.png

More advanced stage of failure. Looks like bubbles inside of a bubble. Kind of like when you blow through a straw in a glass of milk.

Led # 9 (part of 3-strip)

1547241448049.png

The yellow chip is no longer visible. Dark amber color. This isn't even the worst one yet. Let's keep going.[/QUOTE]

Amber blown glass look with bubbles.

1547241558312.png

Though, not amber (yet) There are many cracks/warps around the chip.

Led # 23 (single chip)

1547241558432.png

Bad. Burnt. Failing.

Led # 24 (single chip)

1547241558553.png

Again burnt.

If you are wondering what a normal led chip looks like.....................

1547241558695.png

Ok. So again by my count ( I did this just by looking at the pictures) I still need 5 more single cree chip boards. You told me you would send three singles but I only received two but that didn't even matter because I would have been short on leds anyways with what was sent.

That will fix the light, for now.

Thanks for your time and wasting mine.

JP

JJAMBO

Thanks angry. It wasn't so much about the technical aspect. More about the customer service problems of a sponsor. I understand, though. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom