Howdy All!

BigManRestles

Thought I'd take the advice I saw in another post and introduce myself. I'm in the process of getting my medical certification in Michigan, been dealing with Crohns disease since the mid 80's. I've been growing, for the most part in soil, since the mid 90's. Can't really identify the strain I'm growing, I got the original clones from a friend back when I first started growing. I've read before that after several generations clone tend to dimish genetically, but this strain is still growing strong and sweet after all these years, and still turns heads in the best of company.
I use a 400w HPS with a Son Agro bulb in the grow room, and at the moment a 600w Son Agro on a light mover in the flowering room. I normally use a 1000w Son Agro in the flowering room, but my ballast recently fried, and I'm in the process of replacing it. I've been using a Jet-Flo cloner for several years with a small dual bulb flourescent fixture for clones. I've tried to run a perpetual system pretty much all the time, though human error and other factors have disrupted things from time to time.
I recently decided to try my hand at hydro, and at the moment I'm running 2 scaled down hydro system as well as still growing some in soil. I have an old Baby Bloomer ebb & flo system (leftover from a previous half hearted effort), and a DWC system I built myself, both with Hydrocon. I'm going through some growing pains with the hydro systems while trying to decide which system I want to scale up and use exclusively. Both systems are doing well, now in their 3rd week in the flowering room, and are starting to sprout white hairs. So far I'm leaning towards Ebb & Flow or possibly drip. I have a ton of equipment I've accumulated over the years, so it was easy to set up the multiple systems at minimal cost (currently unemployed) and mostly effort.
I really like this webite, I've found a lot of useful information in the few times I was here previously, so I decided to join the community so I could ask advice, and perhaps put my 2 cents in where maybe I could help.
Seeing as how this post is turning into a novel, I will bid everyone a fine adeiu, and see you in the forums!
:rollit:

Hi BigManRestless, :welcome: to the 420Magazine forums.
been dealing with Crohns disease since the mid 80's.
Me since '94.
I got the original clones from a friend back when I first started growing. I've read before that after several generations clone tend to dimish genetically, but this strain is still growing strong and sweet after all these years, and still turns heads in the best of company.
I've not seen clones diminish as well.
Myths abound in MJ growing.
Ok, I'm glad you joined us at 420.
Jump right in and participate, ask for help or give help.
I'll see you in the forums.
:peace:

Welcome BigManRestles! I am also a Legal Michigan grower, I am in the Mt.Clemens area. I am a Huge DIY'er 2. Seems the flow in hydro gravitates towards Aero. It is a very similar build to your DWC, just add a water pump with a few sprayers. I am running both and feel the Aero gives better results. So try it before you make your decision, or you will probably be rebuilding AGAIN, like I am! Either way blows soil away in speed, and size from rooting to Harvest (IMHO).

Good Luck!

Great to have you here BigManRestles :welcome: :welcome:
You will be joining Many Michigan Growers Here on 420.
I'm with CocoJoe Clones do not lose any Thing.
I have not read and heard other wise.

Have you found the Deep Water Culture yet?
That might be something you'd like to try.

You will make a Wonderful addition here Brother.
Please stick around and Make yourself Comfortable.
If you have any Questions about this Community please ask.
We are here to help you enjoy what we have here.

Here are some links you may like to take a peek at,
Great guy, Great Read very informative! In your back yard.

Great Bunch of Grower.

Great exciting Multi Strain Grow. She is helpful.

One of the most friendilest journals.

A must to drop by and say hello,
Enjoy My Friend.
See you around. :peace:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'm really glad to find somewhere where I can talk to people about things that are important to me, but can't really be discussed with most people on a casual basis. I'm looking forward to sharing info and knowledge the members here. It's especially nice to know there are local members too, most other sites I've visited previously were in some far flung place where similarities are quickly overwhelmed.
Once again, great to join you all!

What part of Michigan do you live? Do you frequent any of the local MMMA Compasion Clubs Meetings?

:welcome:BigManRestles, and I am glad you decided to to drop by to Introduce Yourself - 420 Magazine and give yourself the chance to meet everybody. We here at 420Mag are to spread Cannabis Awareness across the universe. If there is anything we can do to assist you please ask.
:peacetwo::goodluck:see you in the forums.:cool:;)

Actually MedScientist, it looks like we're just a stoned throw away from each other, I'm in Eastpointe. I haven't gotten into any of the organizations, didn't really know there were any, or where to look. Seems as though I've found an excellent resource here at 420.

Back
Top Bottom