HPS lights who makes the best 400w digital compatible bulbs

Scottxb73

I have been using GE 400w Luca Grow on my nanolux ballast, it's seems they don't last so long before loosing there sting, I've read there only good for 12,000 hours, now I have used son t before and they supposed to be good for 20,000 hours but not on digital Ballast apparently?, now with Phillips' they have another opt called master greenpower, there a bit more expensive but, so this is the first question what's the difference, I assume greenpower is the next model and I assume it's definitely digital compatible but I don't know as this info is hard to find. The next question is what's the next best option now in Australia we have limited options but just depends whatever is imported, there's a lot of Chinese stuf eg Grow Lush, Havemax, sunstream, indoor sun, powerplant just to name a few, I'd probably go the Phillips master greenpower if ok, or the sunstream for a change.
I also find the super lume setting on my digital ballast punished the last 3 GE Luca Grow bulbs something chronic and within a 2 week period they where showing way less light.

I have been using GE 400w Luca Grow on my nanolux ballast, it's seems they don't last so long before loosing there sting, I've read there only good for 12,000 hours, now I have used son t before and they supposed to be good for 20,000 hours but not on digital Ballast apparently?, now with Phillips' they have another opt called master greenpower, there a bit more expensive but, so this is the first question what's the difference, I assume greenpower is the next model and I assume it's definitely digital compatible but I don't know as this info is hard to find. The next question is what's the next best option now in Australia we have limited options but just depends whatever is imported, there's a lot of Chinese stuf eg Grow Lush, Havemax, sunstream, indoor sun, powerplant just to name a few, I'd probably go the Phillips master greenpower if ok, or the sunstream for a change.
I also find the super lume setting on my digital ballast punished the last 3 GE Luca Grow bulbs something chronic and within a 2 week period they where showing way less light.

Screenshot_20240418-020137.png

Get a magnetic ballast if you want your bulbs to last longer and keep their output.

They put a lot of time and effort in creating the analog HID standardization back in the day and new digital ballast don't ramp up in intensity and light the bulbs too aggressively.

Branding on bulbs doesn't matter that much compared to what actually drives them. Most are made in China using the same materials. GIB made great analogs back in the day, made in Germany and later in Spain under the brand ETI I believe.

Back
Top Bottom