HPS questions

SlightlyDistracting

I am thinking of switching from led to hps
I have a line on a 1000watt HPS..
My question is about heat. Is the 1000 too much for my 5x5x7 feet tent? It has a cool tube and I have a 4 inch vortex inline fan to cool. The guy selling it says its too much for his 4x4x6 tent. Would I be ok? Im a bit bigger and have a foot higher than his tent
All my reading says a 600 is good for 3x3, or 4x4

I ran a 600w in my 4x4 and was fine...even in summer on the surface of the sun where outside temps run 115+ and inside my house is 78-82deg

In a 5x5 I'd say as long as house temps are low it should be ok

If it gets warm, open the tent door, and always run yer fan at full speed

I run 2 x 600 in tubes and vent straight through from outside air-exhaust. no real issue with heat except during heat waves as expected. running 2 x 600 is more efficient than 1 x 1000 for coverage and efficiency as well. Metal halide for veg and hps for flowering is best option in my experience.
been getting great results for years and still not sold on L.E.D being a real competitive option. way too high a cost to but for anythung like the same coverage. Ceramic Metal Halide is getting a lot of interest at the moment. coukd also look at that option too maybe. seems to get decent results if used right.

i have only ever ran as 2 x 600 on dedicated ballasts but that does sound feasable. changing bulbs would probably defeat the purpose of dimmable ballasts. my understanding is that it is to avoid needing multiple bulbs and power for different cycles needs. hope you get a more definitive answer.

Why switching LED to HPS? You meet any growing problem with LED?

Because I had cheap LEDs
Plants loved them, but I want to add veggies and start flowers ect for spring
I was sick of having 4 to 5 lights all at different heights, chaos lol
This way I have one light and done!
I cant afford any high end LEDS for now, and having to keep adding light was getting old.
I still have my LEDs, so if I dont have the same success I can always switch back.

wow dude. that will do your ladies proud. acrubbing the heat can prove to be a pain. i now go through cool tubes and dont vent or pull air from the tent at all. I go straight through from outside air , tubes then exhaust. Also helps if you are running co2 in any way as it avoids losing it through venting. I am still not sold on L.e.d for end product or cost. a decent and usable Led to replace my setup would run into £1000 at least as opposed to £200 for the hps set up. looking at recent health warnings around led lighting being a serious health hazard and causing potential blindness has me concerned too. ( well worth a look , scary stuff!)
please sub me into your diary once you are going. i am interested in your opinion and results with going to "The Gold Standard " . lol. good luck mate

wow dude. that will do your ladies proud. acrubbing the heat can prove to be a pain. i now go through cool tubes and dont vent or pull air from the tent at all. I go straight through from outside air , tubes then exhaust. Also helps if you are running co2 in any way as it avoids losing it through venting. I am still not sold on L.e.d for end product or cost. a decent and usable Led to replace my setup would run into £1000 at least as opposed to £200 for the hps set up. looking at recent health warnings around led lighting being a serious health hazard and causing potential blindness has me concerned too. ( well worth a look , scary stuff!)
please sub me into your diary once you are going. i am interested in your opinion and results with going to "The Gold Standard " . lol. good luck mate

Im pretty new on here not sure how to do that
I have a grow going already if you search my posts you should be able to find it
And you are right. Even with glasses those LEDs gave me headaches, wont miss that
Ill keep you posted
Thanks for your input

Because I had cheap LEDs
Plants loved them, but I want to add veggies and start flowers ect for spring
I was sick of having 4 to 5 lights all at different heights, chaos lol
This way I have one light and done!
I cant afford any high end LEDS for now, and having to keep adding light was getting old.
I still have my LEDs, so if I dont have the same success I can always switch back.
Hi SlightlyDistracting, I totally understand. :D No worries, Mars Hydro SP series is not expensive light, and will offer you very high end quality as well. We hope to make the lights better and better, and cheaper and cheaper so that more ppl can enjoy them; Maybe in the near future, we will have more affordable lights coming out as well. :D

Im pretty new on here not sure how to do that
I have a grow going already if you search my posts you should be able to find it
And you are right. Even with glasses those LEDs gave me headaches, wont miss that
Ill keep you posted
Thanks for your input
pleasure bud. will find your diary and explain. it is simple in design..

Back
Top Bottom