Htg 90w UFO?

mannnn - - i got the same question - i just ordered the same exact light. Should b here near the end of the week then it's veg time with some quality clones...whuts ur whole setup looking like?:goodluck:

I'm no expert, with the brutal heat, I thought I would give them a go. I have a small closet garden, and another little 'nursery' room...I bought three, hung two over six plants, and one in the nursery. It did help in keeping the heat down, but that was about it. The plants didn't grow very much. I went back to my T-5s. They might be good for seedlings, clones and maybe one light for one plant. I hope you have better luck with them then I did...

Got mine. Still finishing the box. I plugged it in and it's bright as hell. My box is really small (only 11"w and the UFO is 10.5") so it's going to be straight over my plants. I only expect to grow 2-3 plants in the box. I'll start journal with pics once I get the build done. First timer.

I'm no expert, with the brutal heat, I thought I would give them a go. I have a small closet garden, and another little 'nursery' room...I bought three, hung two over six plants, and one in the nursery. It did help in keeping the heat down, but that was about it. The plants didn't grow very much. I went back to my T-5s. They might be good for seedlings, clones and maybe one light for one plant. I hope you have better luck with them then I did...
I've been doing a lot of reading about LED's as I prepare to set up my room, and I'm interested in them but convinced that the sellers' "equivalency" estimates are *very* overblown... One light per plant, or more, is what I'm planning to use from the get-go. Ed Rosenthal and some other sharp folks have said that one watt of LED is worth approximately 2 watts of HID, not the 4 or more watts of HID that the sellers like to claim... So if you figure you'd want at least 40 watts HPS per square foot, you'd want 20 watts of LED per square foot. I'm looking to grow six big plants and wouldn't consider using less than six UFO's on them--probably eight, or six UFO's and a supplementary HPS for a bit of heat. The idea that a 90- or 125-watt LED can replace a 400-watt HPS has been disproven in grow after grow. Doesn't meen LED's aren't *good*, just that they aren't as powerful as the sellers say.

I'm seriously considering the HTG UFO's myself; the wavelength specs are good, which is key. A lot of the LED grow lights out there aren't optimal wavelengths for photosynthesis, or they don't even tell what wavelengths they are. :rollingeyes:

Irishboy has good luck with LEDs. He's currently doing a grow with 1080 watts of LED over I believe six plants.
Irishboy's 1080w GLH Inferno

They're GLH LEDs - I don't think he'd bother with a UFO if you gave him one, lol - but he does have a good bit of experience with multiple brands and sizes of LEDs. You might want to check out his thread and/or ask him for advice.

was gonna get 2 of them butwent with the 250hps from htg but might still pick some up for my 2x2x5'3 gl60 tent for the next grow keep us updated

Back
Top Bottom