Huckleberry - the sweetest of sweet

Yet another "small world" issue - ol hippy - we work in similar lines of work....I'm the guy that designs and inspects concrete (buildings, bridges, roadway projects, etc) and you're the guy making those "fine lines on paper" a reality. I've worked on "both sides of the shovel" - spent 2 yrs as a laborer/apprentice finisher in DFW back before I knew what an Engineer was. Also spent a summer walking high steel in Houston. That was when I decided to go back to school....

Unfortunatly for me I hated school ! So my dad used to bring me with him when I got in trouble . Picked it up pretty easy and it's been an all right way to support the family. But I'm old now and it's tough to keep up with the young kids, but I work for myself pick only the jobs I like and we do a lot of custom stamp work. My 2 boys help out but one would rather surf and the other works up north most of the time ... So I'm sort of semi-retired. Thats means I don't have to work , but I don't get paid ! gotta put my paper work in one of these days . :peace:

Back
Top Bottom