Humidifier and Humidity question

Panic

So I have a humidity question for ya all! I have a very small Grow Lab 40 tent with 2 Jock Horror Fem Auto's on day 22 from seed in soil with CFL's and 4 floro tubes down each corner....JH's are in 2 gallon pots with 3 parts FFOC, 1 part chunky perilte and 1 part FF Light Warrior. On a 20/4 cycle for now.

Temps range from high of 84 to low of 76....BUT RH is stuck around 26%!!!

So, how can I raise my humidity in such a small space...footprint is less than 24x24.

Has anyone tried one of these? I searched for "small humidifiers" and this popped up and can be mine for, gulp, $39.65 + postage. It measures 4" L x 2.5" W x 3" H with out the bottle attached.

humidifiers_black_white.gif

I just don't think I have room for anything else and I'm afraid if I use one of my "normal" size humidifiers it will be too much....but not sure?

Oh, and heres a shot of the girls.....showing a bit of transplant shock (i think) form being re-potted 3 days ago.

IMAGE_345.jpg

Thanks in advance and I will take any advice I can get!!

peace....

Are you venting out of the tent? Maybe a fan speed controller would help to slow down the exchange of air, allowing some humidity to build up. I got mine to stabalize at 50% by adjusting the exhaust fan speed. Also, if you water the plants on different days it will help keep moisture in the air. So if you water every 6 days, water plant one on day 3, and plant 2 on day 6, plant one on day 9, etc.

Hope this helps. I will check in to see how it works out. Good luck!

Are you venting out of the tent? Maybe a fan speed controller would help to slow down the exchange of air, allowing some humidity to build up. I got mine to stabalize at 50% by adjusting the exhaust fan speed. Also, if you water the plants on different days it will help keep moisture in the air. So if you water every 6 days, water plant one on day 3, and plant 2 on day 6, plant one on day 9, etc.

Hope this helps. I will check in to see how it works out. Good luck!

Thanks Green....I had to laugh when I read your post because I had just finished the dialing down the fan speed on the controller. I have way too much venting for the small area. It's a 4" vortex.....I did have it up at full speed because the previous grow was getting smelly, but forgot to dial it down.

I will try watering on diferent days also.....thanks for that one. I did add a dish with distilled water under my a small fan I had for temp control.....

On another note, after I cut the fan speed in half the RH was going up...in about 1.5 hours it went from 24-35 up to 33...and what happens next??? My damn sensor quit giving RH readings???

Need to return it and go for round 2..

BTW, what do you think about that little humidifier?

peace.....and thanks!

I never used that, so I can not give any real advice. I know my crazy grandmother lied high humidity, so she always had bowls with water sitting around her apartment. Howver, she is crazy so who knows, lol. I got my sensor at home depot. It looks like abig beeper with the temp and humidity with the days high and lows. You can always order one and try it out. If you need another than order it later on. If it doesnt work well, at least you only wasted money on ne. Good luck!!!

I was in target and passed by the humidifiers so I stopped and took a look for you. The cheapest was around 26, and a lot of models were well under 40. They have decent sized resovoirs too. Looks like it may be worth checking out. Hope this helps!

I'm 4 weeks in on a small 2 plant closet op very similar to yours wspomaha, and my rh has been stuck at around 45, so i actually just shut the fan down completely for half a day today to see if i could raise it. Supprisingly it plummeted to around 30! If i'm not mistaken, optimal rh should be around 65 give or take?...Anybody?...And I'm seriously considering all of the options i've read here thanks guys!

I'm 4 weeks in on a small 2 plant closet op very similar to yours wspomaha, and my rh has been stuck at around 45, so i actually just shut the fan down completely for half a day today to see if i could raise it. Supprisingly it plummeted to around 30! If i'm not mistaken, optimal rh should be around 65 give or take?...Anybody?...And I'm seriously considering all of the options i've read here thanks guys!

Yeah for veg it should be around 60 or so and closer to 40-50 for flower so you lessen the chance of mold/bud rot.

I had to turn my exhaust fan back on to help keep temps down....and it didn't help when it was off....For the time being I'm sticking with a container of water and a sponge standing up in the water with a small cpu fan blowing on it....RH moving from low 30's up closer to 40....

Thanks for the advice and answers everyone.

peace.....

Thanks Green, Burr and Prairie...The info is appreciated....Prairie, I'll wave next time I drive thru KS....Seems like I spend alot of time criss crossing your state and not a complaint about it yet....The more time I can spend in the Flint Hills, the better!

peace and thanks....

Hey I just got finished with this same problem. My RH got down to %19 one day..

I used a bucket of water with some paper towels halfway in the water and half out. I put the bucket right under a fan. This helped a bit, but never pushed me above %30. I vegged for 3 weeks in these conditions, and they were fine. (my cab is 23"x27")

My plants have nearly tripled in total size since I first got the clones and my humidity sits around %30-45 now. Still growing like champs.

I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Much better to have low humidity than high. Your gonna love your low humidity when flowering comes around.

:peace:

Marley

Hey I just got finished with this same problem. My RH got down to %19 one day..

I used a bucket of water with some paper towels halfway in the water and half out. I put the bucket right under a fan. This helped a bit, but never pushed me above %30. I vegged for 3 weeks in these conditions, and they were fine. (my cab is 23"x27")

My plants have nearly tripled in total size since I first got the clones and my humidity sits around %30-45 now. Still growing like champs.

I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Much better to have low humidity than high. Your gonna love your low humidity when flowering comes around.

:peace:

Thanks Marley...I actually kind of did the same thing but with a big car washing sponge...I had to cut it in half to get it to fit in my container. And it worked with about the same results you saw...I'm up to 30-32% RH now.

And yes I will apreciate that low RH come late flower.
peace.....

Back
Top Bottom