Humidity and Watering Connection

Green.Life

Hey guys, I am using a top drip feed system in my grow with hydroton clay. Ever since week 4 1/2 of flowering my humidity has been past 60% but maxing out at 70%. I had it feeding 4 times a day through 12/12 and decided to drop it to 3 times a day with the logic that the plants don't need that extra watering if there is that much moisture in the air. This brought it into the 50%'s.....for a week without any droop in the plants that would indicate a need for more feeds.

Now it is back in the high 60%'s maxing at 70% again like it should be considering there is more humidity from the plants towards the end of their lives. I am eager to get the humidity down again. It is three days away from week 6 and I am planning on dropping the feeding cycle to two times a day with the same theory from above...especially since I am not too concerned with getting them nutes now that I am entering my 14 day flush. This is a dice roll and an experiment and I thought I would share it on here for learning purposes.

I will keep this updated and any feedback is welcomed to help advance our collective knowledge.

Well this happens as plant mature because they get larger (more plant mass). which in turn almost guarantees a higher rate of transpiration (water passing thru the stomata. Kind of like us sweating). When u have larger plants they are uptaking more water and releasing more water vapor into the ambient air (to my understanding). Added exhaust fan(s) and/or a dehumidifier should help regulate and stabilize ur humidity. As well as raising the temps in ur grow room during the cold hours (lights out, night time) This is all based upon my reading and experience. Let's see what others have to say.

That is some good info bwc, I already switched back to 3 feeds a day after only one day because I was already seeing some droop going on so my theory only went so far.

Anyone have successful mold free harvests with high humidity percentages (past 60%), would love to hear your methods and strains used.

Back
Top Bottom