Humidity control questions

gazmufc

Hey folks.

I got a 12lt meco dehumidifier. It's a refrigerated one that kicks off Alot of heat for my 4x4..I had very High resting humidity up to 70/75%.. Was OK for veg, but obviously it's better lower during flower.. So I set it up about 4 weeks ago.. First thing I noticed about it that I didn't like was that once inset it to say 50%..once it reaches that, it kicks off, and doesn't come back on for hafl hr, then kicks back in.. There is a constant mode tho.

Setting it for 45 works well, cuz it can never reach that target, it must not be the best.. Bloody thing cost me like 280bucks..
Problem is it exhausts so mu h heat, it sent my Temp in the tent from. 25c to 30/31i.. Many times I've seen folks here mention it's best for lower temps during flower, and also lower rh..

Soo I'm trying to get the RH to 50/55 without the 30/31c temps.. I got a extra dust hood and some ducting, and ran the heat out of the tent. But to my fkn surprise the RH now will hardly move. The temps are nice at 25/26c..but the humidity will only go down as low as 65, even if inset it to 40!! This is wrecking my head, I know huger temps =lower RH.. But how the hell are ya'll getting those sweet temps and RH levels. It's doing my brain in..

If in turn the humidifier off altogether now, my rh is 70ish..its only moving it down by 5!! Yikes.. Is this a sign of a crap humidifier?

How can I get the RH down, and temps also down.. Do I need to run a AC in my tent now as well, if so, can yous suggest types of AC untis.. I some of yous have like a bar style AC unit that hangs from the top of the tent..
Thanks in advance for any advice.. 👍

IMG_20231010_170845.jpg

IMG_20231010_170820.jpg

Screenshot_20231010_170005_com.eternal.acinfinity.jpg

Screenshot_20231010_165940_com.eternal.acinfinity.jpg

Hey Gazmufc!

have you tried putting dehum in the room outside of tent?

Also speaking of low rh… don’t store water jugs near your grow area

your garden looks amazeballs
Hey 13, thanks for commenting..
Ya last grow I tried I wasn't happy with the coverage, but had decent sized nugs m, this grow I got the wall to wall coverage, but buds seem a little small lol.. It's still only week 4 so hopefully they fatten out a bit in the 4 weeks..

I haven't tried putting dehumidifier outside tent yet, il take it out of tent tomorrow and give it a try. I just use a fan blowing into the intake, il put it close to it and see. But it seems to be the heat that is lowering my RH more than the dehumidifier.. Wud a condensed dehumidifier be better?

What type of dehumidifier do u use, and do u use a AC for flower?
Thanks in advance.. 👍

idk my friend!

previously I had pair of old school GE condenser type units from late 1990s, have ran the crap out of them over the years but recently upgraded to a Hisense model, it’s a lot quieter and maybe a tad less heat than the old ones, but yeah it’s in a 12 X 12 basement flower room.

don’t think I could or would put dehum in my tent… just a bit fearful of that idea.

Nope no AC is used here as part of my grow spaces. just fans and dehum for flower but other than that I use heater & humidifier on an as needed basis

that’s cool on your monitor / controller. My garden spaces are so low tech it’s not funny

its my pleasure, let’s see what else comes in for you

idk my friend!

previously I had pair of old school GE condenser type units from late 1990s, have ran the crap out of them over the years but recently upgraded to a Hisense model, it’s a lot quieter and maybe a tad less heat than the old ones, but yeah it’s in a 12 X 12 basement flower room.

don’t think I could or would put dehum in my tent… just a bit fearful of that idea.

Nope no AC is used here as part of my grow spaces. just fans and dehum for flower but other than that I use heater & humidifier on an as needed basis

that’s cool on your monitor / controller. My garden spaces are so low tech it’s not funny

Interesting that mate
idk my friend!

Thanks mate, appreciate the feed back. That's interesting as well ur set up. How many plants do u have then in ur 12x12?
What kinda rh and temps do u have then in the last 5 weeks or so in you're flower room?

Back
Top Bottom