Which Humidity Sensor to Trust: InkBird or AC Affinity CloudlineT6

mrking

I use the AC Affinity Cloudline T6 and it's great I have to say, but between it and my InkBird IHC-200 Humidity controller, there is quite a bit of discrepancy in humidity readings.

My setpoint on the InkBird is set to 55% RH +/- 3%. When the humidifier goes on the AC Affinity responds quite rapidly but higher than the InkBird. My high humity limit on my AC Affinity is set to 65% at the moment. i.e. when 65% is hit, the fan goes on to clear the air.

Just now the humidifier went on and at the time it shut off the InkBird was at 55.4 RH and the AC Affinity was at 64 RH. After five minutes, things stabilized with the InkBird at 56.2 RH and the AC Affinity at 61% RH. That's a noticeable gap, no?

As another reference, my hygrometer in the tent shows it at 53% RH at the same time the others read 56.2 and 61 RH.

Is this discrepancy normal?

Anyone else get this?

Is the InkBird correct or is AC Affinity correct?

Should I calibrate one or the other? Looks like I can only calibrate the InkBird.

Hmmmm...

Your wallet is deeper than mine and this is too high tech for me but... wonder what happens if you let the inkbird control the cloud line?
Interesting idea. Unfortunately, the cloudline also can turn on if temps get to high, which I want, so there may be a time when the Cloudline is turned off by the InkBird when it needs to actually be on.

I kinda suspected that would happen and defeat the purpose. Sounds like killer setup with both inkbird & cloundline.... just problems getting them dialed in!
It makes growing more enjoyable I find. Less fussing about.

I have an email into AC Affinity, maybe they can shed light onto it.

I have an Inkbird along with a couple other controllers. Inkbird takes care of the dehumidifier while Growneer takes care of adding heat while the center controller takes care of exhausting the heat generated by the lights. All in all they work quite well in harmony and have no issues with any controllers. I also have humidity and temperature gauges in the tent so can compare readings as soon as I open the tent. They are pretty accurate.
cannabis controllers.jpg

I have an Inkbird along with a couple other controllers. Inkbird takes care of the dehumidifier while Growneer takes care of adding heat while the center controller takes care of exhausting the heat generated by the lights. All in all they work quite well in harmony and have no issues with any controllers. I also have humidity and temperature gauges in the tent so can compare readings as soon as I open the tent. They are pretty accurate.
That's good to know. Maybe it is a faulty AC Affinity sensor. Hopefully they will email soon.

I’m so low tech.... don’t even run extraction fans!
Extraction? Is that the opposite of Protraction? :confused: The Nerd is strong with this one lol
Would these systems be used to up your yields significantly? As long as it pays for itself I'd be interested to know more.

So you can adjust the temp and humidity values if they are a few points off from a trusted source. Only 8 units either way but it’s something to allow for better accuracy.

TEMPERATURE CALIBRATION
To adjust the temperature that the probe sensor is measuring, press the MODE and UP button simultaneously. This can be done while the controller is any mode. The calibration cycle ranges from -8°F to 8°F (or -4°C to 4°C).You may use this setting to match the controller's temperature reading with your thermostat's reading.

HUMIDITY CALIBRATION
To adjust the probe sensor’s humidity reading, press the MODE and DOWN button simultaneously. This can be done in any mode. The calibration cycle ranges from -8% to 8%.

Using the above adjustments I have brought it closer together and it has helped keep the humidity dialed in better.

However, I have to say AC Affinity customer support has been top notch. Even with my being in Canada they are sending me a new controller and sensor, no cost to me, to resolve the issue. No buyers remorse here!!!!

Using the above adjustments I have brought it closer together and it has helped keep the humidity dialed in better.

However, I have to say AC Affinity customer support has been top notch. Even with my being in Canada they are sending me a new controller and sensor, no cost to me, to resolve the issue. No buyers remorse here!!!!
That's good to know...hope I don't need it with mine, but nice customer service.

I should have posted this pic earlier but hey I just snapped the pic. I have two ducting fans tied together inline. Done this way to exhaust heat and refresh the air in the tent. I do have a 4th controller that will be mounted soon. It is a timer that comes on during the night (photocell) and runs one inline fan every 15 minutes for 45 seconds for air refreshing. The power for the other fan is heat controlled and generally only runs during lights on. The dehumidifier has it's own internal sensor but has the ability to let the Inkbird do the controlling. Got tired of dumping water so it all flows into a cooler outside the tent. Once a week I dump the water out. You can see the garden hose coming out of it. The other timer is a Titan.
Screenshot_2020-10-21 Titan Controls® Apollo® 2 - Cycle Timer with Photocell.png
20201021_142824[1].jpg
20201021_142831[1].jpg

I should have posted this pic earlier but hey I just snapped the pic. I have two ducting fans tied together inline. Done this way to exhaust heat and refresh the air in the tent. I do have a 4th controller that will be mounted soon. It is a timer that comes on during the night (photocell) and runs one inline fan every 15 minutes for 45 seconds for air refreshing. The power for the other fan is heat controlled and generally only runs during lights on. The dehumidifier has it's own internal sensor but has the ability to let the Inkbird do the controlling. Got tired of dumping water so it all flows into a cooler outside the tent. Once a week I dump the water out. You can see the garden hose coming out of it. The other timer is a Titan.
Pretty sweet setup!

Back
Top Bottom